Happy Holidays

O

opie

I have a question. Christmas and New Year's falls on a Thursday this year. Will we have to report to work on Friday?

----
God Bless everyone, I am thankful and very fortunate. I don't take what I have for granted. Happy Thanksgiving. Go Cowboys!

T

taupe

friend/K/A Frustrated

I was told this Friday is a paid holiday.

Christmas I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised; if it is the same.

B

brownmonster

Some years there is no preload on the Fri. after Christmas because no pks moved on Christmas eve and no pick up pieces, only air. That is going to be an ugly day. Hopefully I have enough gray hairs to get that day off. BM

R

rushfan

}WHILLE DEP FRIING YER TERKEYS, MAKE SUR U DONT PUT ALOT OF ERL IN YER CAN TAT U USE TO FRY YER TERKY OR IT WIL XPLODE AND YER TRAILER WILL BERN UP.

S

steamheat

Last week I was laid off for 3 days and they didn't bother to tell me that the turkeys were in so mine began to rot out in the trailer.

Today at the pcm they said I didn't have to work Friday.
When I backed up to the dock tonight after a 240
mile route they told me " Oh by the way , You do have to work Friday."

What can Brown do for you?

M

moreluck

May your blessings be as many
as the autumn leaves that fall.

May the memories that light your days
be fond ones to recall.

May family, health and good friends
bring abundant joy to living.

And may you find that each day
holds new reasons for Thanksgiving.

M

moreluck

BE THANKFUL
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those
who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

O

opie

You only get paid for Thanksgiving and Friday if you are in the union. I'm not, because I was hired during a so-called "freeze". I haven't gotten my turkey and according to my supervisor it will be in December that we get it. Peace...

M

my2cents

We're serving up the UPS turkey today. Should be good because my mother is roasting it. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

B

brownmonster

I'm in charge of cooking 2 whole pork tenderloins on the grill(charcoal, gas is outlawed in my house). 1 teryaki marinated and one bacon wrapped, just for a little variety to go with the turkey and fixins. Should start on the 1st Bloody Mary shortly. Happy Thanksgiving The Monster

T

tahoepickup

We're a little different at our household... beef tacos today

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

P

proups

Traditional here.....turkey, dressing, and enough side dishes to make everyone in the house (except me) go right to sleep!

I

isguy

BrownMonster and Pretender, have to disagree with you about the charcoal grill, just got done eating a 12 pound turkey that spent several hours on the rotiserie on a gas Weber, and it was great! Regardless of what you ate or how it was cooked, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have been truly blessed, and was able to spend an enjoyable day with the family at home (no traveling!). Can't ask for much more than health, a roof over my head and a full belly.

P

pretender

isguy--At least we agree on the Weber! Actually, I have never done turkey on the grill at all.

We used to have a fellow driver in Feeders who would deep fried turkeys. He would take the day off when Peak was winding down, and bring his equipment in to cook them in the afternoon. The rest of us would bring dishes to pass. They were quite good--but I still prefer traditional...

B

browndude

talk about a pig! how did you manage to actually eat a 12 pound turkey? lol

P

parttimejon

THANKSGIVING WAS ALSO MY BIRTHDAY!!!! hey how come we don't get double time or time and a half for working on our b-days not that i worked but still (vacation was nice too by the way)