Day after thanksgiving? (Black friday)

BeachBoy

Desert Mountain still has it as a paid holiday.
About two years ago I told the FT super I was leaving after 4 hours.
She said I couldn't, I said it was a Holiday and I was there already out of the goodness of my heart.
Finally went to a steward who said she was right, I had to work. "I've been here 22 years, I know the contract", said he.
I then proceeded where in the contract it stipulated that Thanksgiving and the day following were paid, time-off Holidays.
The company ain't paying double time for you working that day just to be nice.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
That’s the day when tranny’s in upstate Ny decorate their houses so other trannys know they can come over and rub mutilated carrots on each others man breasts. Geez, you don’t know anything.
images (5).jpeg

wrecker

In New England, none of our holidays are guaranteed days off. We get 8 hours holiday pay, and overtime for any hours worked if they decide to have us work.

New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas, New Year’s Eve are the holidays in our supplement.

Columbus Day,Veteran’s Day, Black Friday are always work days.

Do other supplements say holidays are guaranteed days off?

BobJ

In New England, none of our holidays are guaranteed days off. We get 8 hours holiday pay, and overtime for any hours worked if they decide to have us work.

New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas, New Year’s Eve are the holidays in our supplement.

Columbus Day,Veteran’s Day, Black Friday are always work days.

Do other supplements say holidays are guaranteed days off?

We don't get Columbus or Veteran's day over here.
We're told we have to work Black Friday, but I never come in, won't even call to tell them that either, and don't get in trouble for it.

wrecker

I appreciate the quick responses!

But, I was more concerned with if holidays in other supplements were contractually guaranteed days off, as opposed to the holiday pay/ overtime situation I described in my earlier post.