Happy New Year

moreluck

golden ticket member
A New Year's Prayer..........

May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your cardiologist, your gastro-enterologist, your urologist, your proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your plumber and the I.R.S.

May your hair, your teeth, your face-lift, your abs and your stocks not fall; and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your cholesterol, your white blood count and your mortgage interest not rise.

May New Year's Eve find you seated around the table, together with your beloved family and cherished friends. May you find the food better, the environment quieter, the cost much cheaper, and the pleasure much more fulfilling than anything else you might ordinarily do that night.

May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you delight them. May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues.

May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish dinner, may the commercials on TV not be louder than the program you have been watching, and may your check book and your budget balance - and include generous amounts for charity.

May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parent, your siblings; but not to your secretary, your nurse, your masseuse, your hairdresser or your tennis instructor.

And may we live in a world at peace and with the awareness of God's love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart.

~Extracts from a Prayer by Rabbi Jacob Pressman~

moreluck

golden ticket member
New Year's Day Prayer for One and All

Dear Lord,

So far this year I've done well.

I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.
Amen

moreluck

golden ticket member
New Year's Day:

Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
Mark Twain

One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.
John Burroughs

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.
Oscar Wilde

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never realized that there were 12 separate ways to say 3 simple words.
See, you learn something everyday....now you're not uninformed.

So the number 12 is just my posts....nobody else's? You are a sniper. I wasn't bothering you! You don't have to read the posts. You come out of nowhere and instead of wishing your buddies a happy new year, you choose to snap the towel at me. I don't feel good today and I don't have to put up with you little toad !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Recipe for a Happy New Year:

Take 12 fine, full-grown months. See that these are thoroughly cleansed from all old memories of bitterness, rancor, hate, and jealousy.

Cut these months into 30 or 31 equal parts. (This batch will keep for one year. Do not attempt to make more than one batch at a time ... many people spoil the entire lot in this way).

Prepare one day at a time as follows:

Into each day, put 12 parts of faith, 11 of patience, 10 of courage, nine of work (some people omit this ingredient and spoil the flavor of the rest), eight of hope, seven of fidelity, six of open-mindedness, five of kindness, four of rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil out of the salad ... don't do it), three of prayer, two of meditation, and one of well-selected resolution.

If you have no conscientious scruples, add a teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.

Pour love liberally into the whole, and mix with vim. Cook thoroughly in a fervent heat. Garnish with a few smiles and a sprig of joy; then serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheerfulness.

A Happy New Year is a certainty!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you're not feeling well perhaps you should take a day or two off to rest.

I would like to take a moment to wish my fellow BCers a very Happy New Year. 2011 was a rough year for many of us and I for one am ready to put it behind me. I wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2012. Dave.

moreluck

golden ticket member
RodriG20111231_low.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you're not feeling well perhaps you should take a day or two off to rest.

I would like to take a moment to wish my fellow BCers a very Happy New Year. 2011 was a rough year for many of us and I for one am ready to put it behind me. I wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2012. Dave.
Happy New Year Dave and thank you. :happy_new_year:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Happy New Year !!

May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist,
cardiologist, gastro-enterologist,
urologist, proctologist, your podiatrist,
your psychiatrist and your plumber.

Each moment in a day has its own value.
Morning brings hope, afternoon brings
faith, evening brings love, night brings
rest. Hope you have all of them every