Happy New Year

moreluck

golden ticket member
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” -Edith Lovejoy Pierce

"In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want." -traditional Irish toast

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt

“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” -Oprah Winfrey

"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to." -Bill Vaughan

klein

Für Meno :)
Christmas, including turkey, was cancelled here, and so is New Years.
Nothing to celebrate.

Love you Amy.

klein

Für Meno :)
Thanks UpState, and I opoligize for earlier. I'm not myself today, and haven't slept at all tonight and only very little in the past days.

Just being on here (BC) to get my mind off things for a little...

You'll know what I mean once it hits you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thanks UpState, and I opoligize for earlier. I'm not myself today, and haven't slept at all tonight and only very little in the past days.

Just being on here (BC) to get my mind off things for a little...

I will pray for Amy, Klein.

I haven't been myself for months, obviously for other reasons. There are people on here who have so very understanding and forgiving of me during my time of wackiness. To you, thank you for your patience and understanding. It means more than I can ever show you.

over9five

Staff member

Wait till 30 years from now when you see someone who looks like her and it hits you just as hard again.
Oh wait, that was me....

It will be a tough couple of months, Klein. Visit her grave once in a while, it will help.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't forget, if you are in the South.....eat your black-eyed peas and in the North, 'strap on' the feedbag for pork and sauerkraut !! It'll be pork here.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think I may strap on a pistol and celebrate by shooting an inanimate object.
Strap on. Oh no! Is that like a snap on?
Actually Klein, while we may be enemies politically, we are friends in couponing and in family.
I lost Mom, Dad, a brother Ron, and a sister Linda, in four short years. It was like bam, one right after another.
Work and the pc, kept me alive. Helped me immensely through my grief.

I found what gave me the most comfort, was making a collage, or just finding pics to display, of our times together.
The only thing that ever makes it better is the time between it.
I have never lost a family member so young, but that being the worst, it is always bad.
I also let myself cry, sometimes I would wait all day, but then Id open them damn floodgates and let it out, you have to. Sometimes it would be while watching a commercial, and I wasnt absorbed and it just hits, Like a big freaking wave.
And if you have shoulda coulda woulda, gotta let that go to.
Find comfort in memories, sounds lame, but it works.
My Dad I fought night and day to not have a surgery that I knew would kill him, he had to listen to the docs coz they know best. He didnt make it.
I was so p'od mad, angry guilty as I drove home from the hospital 100 miles an hour. I only know I was going 100 because it took me 30 minutes to get home. 100 miles away. I got there as he went into cardiac arrest, a blood clot in his lung. I walked in as he was flirting with the nurses, before I could get to his room he was STAT. He knew I was there, but dammit he didnt listen to me. If you have guilt let it go, it will kill you too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2n9ffx2.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS YOU WON'T
BE ABLE TO KEEP IF YOU'RE A NERD

I resolve... I resolve to... I resolve to, uh... I resolve to, uh, get my, er... I resolve to, uh, get my, er, off-line work done, too!

I will stop checking my e-mail at 3:00 in the morning... 4:30 is much more practical.

When I hear a funny joke I will not reply, "LOL... LOL!"

I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.

I will try to figure out why I *really* need 9 e-mail addresses.

I will stop sending e-mail to my roommate.

I will not buy magazines with AOL disks bound in just to get another 1.44MB disk.

I resolve to work with neglected children... my own.

I will answer my snail mail with the same enthusiasm I answer e-mail.

I will stop using, "So, what's your URL?" as a pickup line.

I resolve to back up my new 400 GB hard drive daily... well, once a week... monthly, perhaps...

I will spend less than five hour a day on the Internet.

I will limit my top ten lists to ten items.

I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.