Happy New Year

moreluck

golden ticket member
beb3a72bbb7a1430b7efcdd5649b059c.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The non-southerners usually have pork and sauerkraut for good luck on New Years Day.......tastes lots better than the black-eyed peas. (IMO)

moreluck

golden ticket member
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. ~Oscar Wilde

Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities. ~Michael Josephson~

moreluck

golden ticket member
1b14ad7305dd0549928550caa68740a5.jpg

It’s always been a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition on New Years Day to enjoy the tart and savory flavor of pork and sauerkraut. Eating pork on New Years Day brings good luck for the year ahead. ~ (my plan)

Z

ZQXC

1b14ad7305dd0549928550caa68740a5.jpg

It’s always been a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition on New Years Day to enjoy the tart and savory flavor of pork and sauerkraut. Eating pork on New Years Day brings good luck for the year ahead. ~ (my plan)

What's on the back side of that plate?

Z

ZQXC

I wondered that too.....but the pork and kraut looked so good.............................maybe bread?

Doesn't look like bread; looks like an uncooked frozen hash brown pattie. But why would that be on the plate?

Z

ZQXC

Regardless, pork and kraut sounds like a good combination.
I wonder if I would be labeled a traitor? LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
The coldest temperatures of the season will arrived in Southern California the next few days and that could mean freezing temperatures for this years Rose Bowl Parade in Pasadena.

The record for a Rose Parade was 32 degrees in 1952. Looks like we might just tie or break that record come News Years Day in Pasadena as the sun comes up.

With a high of just 57 forecast that day - it will even be chilly for the big game at the Rose Bowl at 2pm between Oregon and Florida State in a semi-final NCAA National Championship game.

About the only big winners that morning? The flowers who should love the cold weather and make afternoon viewing that much more special for tourist and locals alike.

The cold storm out of Canada headed for the Southland Tuesday night. Not much rain is expected as a result of the storm, adding that the lion's share of the precipitation is expected in the San Gabriel Mountains and the Antelope Valley but only about a 10th of an inch of rain in other valley areas of Los Angeles County.

The snow level will fall to 2,000 feet or lower late Tuesday into Wednesday, likely causing between two and four inches of snow accumulation on the floor of the Antelope Valley and accumulation on Interstate 5 through The Grapevine, according to a National Weather Service statement. Rain is also expected.

The heaviest snow accumulation is expected over the north-facing slopes of the eastern San Gabriels and adjacent Antelope Valley foothills, mainly east of Highway 14 (the Antelope Valley Freeway), where up to a foot of snow is possible through Wednesday, the statement said.

The snow is expected to taper off Wednesday afternoon, but cold, dry conditions are expected on Thursday, New Year's Day.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I usually start thinking of my one little word for the new year before the old year even ends. I’ve been inspired to choose a word each year .