Harassment? Disability discrimination? Stupidity?

Heinrich

What am I filing for? Harassment? It is all he said she said. As usual, they will deny any claim I make.

I am being written up today for not working as directed, so I will have time with a steward to discuss potential grievances.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So the consensus is file on everything, and stop being a wimp.

To me it seems that filing over smaller things never accomplishes anything but in fact creates more bad behavior.

I plan on talking to my center manager, at some point.

This is sort of a delicate matter that is a little bit outside of their realm. They do not seem to understand the validity. I have been reluctant to move forward because of this. Making them understand has not worked thus far.

I have been waiting for a larger event to take action against them, as light teasing/harassment will ultimately not benefit me.
What's a little thing?

A
Contract violation is a contract violations. Period.

llamainmypocket

You could call the EEOC or you could call HR. I also am ADA qualified and have special needs. Been in psychosis as a preloader before.

The supervisors are supposed to notify HR that you have a disability and a meeting is supposed to take place. They aren't doing what ups requires them to do.

llamainmypocket

Unless you have a Doctor's not specifying your exact limitations you are not covered by the ADA. That may be your issue.

You don't know what you're talking about.

You're covered the moment you state you have a disability. You may be required to submit a doctor's note and medical history validating your disability. Employers are instructing to accommodate employees first, until they are approved.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You do not need to file for ADA accommodations. There are a few legitimate ways to get them. 1. verbal request for accommodations. 2. written request for accommodations. As long as the request is legitimate, and does not require 'undue hardship' they must be given. This can include creating a new job position. I am not over 40. I made a formal verbal request in June, and have had a few 'talk to's' since to no avail.

With all due respect....

You have no clue, about getting an ADA Accommodation at UPS.

You need to talk with your Local Union.

-Bug-

llamainmypocket

You are confusing being "on disability" with having a ADA protected disability. You may as well be confusing a twisted ankle with a handicap placard. They're nothing alike

llamainmypocket

With all due respect....

You have no clue, about getting an ADA Accommodation at UPS.

You need to talk with your Local Union.

-Bug-

Don't talk to the union. Talk to HR or the EEOC.

BTW he hasn't said anything that is untrue. I don't know where you get off thinking you know what you're talking about.

llamainmypocket

What am I filing for? Harassment? It is all he said she said. As usual, they will deny any claim I make.

I am being written up today for not working as directed, so I will have time with a steward to discuss potential grievances.

I recommend taking to HR. But you would file for non compliance with a reasonable accommodation request.

trickpony1

They investigate claims and file law suits as a government agency.

Are you sure?
The last I heard was the EEOC, when they determine discrimination has taken place, will issue you a "right to sue" letter which is NOT the EEOC actually suing the employer.

This letter does add a little leverage when you do hire an attorney though.

Last edited:

llamainmypocket

Are you sure?
The last I heard was the EEOC, when they determine discrimination has taken place, will issue you a "right to sue" letter which is NOT the EEOC actually suing the employer.

This letter does a little leverage when you do hire an attorney though.

It depends on case strength. The weaker cases they allow you to seek a personal lawyer.

Heinrich

You could call the EEOC or you could call HR. I also am ADA qualified and have special needs. Been in psychosis as a preloader before.

The supervisors are supposed to notify HR that you have a disability and a meeting is supposed to take place. They aren't doing what ups requires them to do.

So did you ask for spec accommodations? What was the result? Were you being mistreated because of it?

Heinrich

Are you sure?

This letter does a little leverage when you do hire an attorney though.
This is correct.

llamainmypocket

So did you ask for spec accommodations? What was the result? Were you being mistreated because of it?

Believe it or not my psychosis was both 100% believed and 100% ignored. Once I talked to the right people things changed though.

I keep Human Resources Accommodation phone number on my contact list. 18558774772

I've also called the ethics line to complain.