Harassment? Disability discrimination? Stupidity?

Heinrich

If you don't mind me asking, what accommodations did you receive?

I don't know how things work at other centers, or HUBS but we have many positions that are not strictly loading/unloading.

My request was simple to start. I just asked to not be left alone to load, and if I was loading with another person to limit it to an hour at a time, and then move me to a lighter position. I also said that I may need to take short breaks periodically, (depending on the night/how my meds are working). I really did not ask for much.

I have seniority and am trained to do all the other things we do.

Since my SUP doesn't like me, he will put all the new guys in the easy positions, blatantly ignore my previous request, and then tell them to "blow me up," and overwhelm me, hoping to get into an altercation.

hehe xd

lol @ everyone calling him soft but are the first ones to take a day for "mental clarity"
no one thinks you're cool because you act like you don't care

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Thanks for posting that.

"While an individual with a disability may request a change due to a medical condition, this request does not necessarily mean that the employer is required to provide the change. A request for reasonable accommodation is the first step in an informal, interactive process between the individual and the employer. In some instances, before addressing the merits of the accommodation request, the employer needs to determine if the individual's medical condition meets the ADA definition of "disability,"(20) a prerequisite for the individual to be entitled to a reasonable accommodation."

Believe it or not my psychosis was both 100% believed and 100% ignored.

Yikes.

Heinrich

Yes. My disability does meet ADA requirements. I have both read and understand the text.

instead they choose to ignore it. We have not started any sort of "interactive process."

Also you leave out important details.

How quickly must an employer respond to a request for reasonable accommodation?

An employer should respond expeditiously to a request for reasonable accommodation. If the employer and the individual with a disability need to engage in an interactive process, this too should proceed as quickly as possible.(37) Similarly, the employer should act promptly to provide the reasonable accommodation. Unnecessary delays can result in a violation of the ADA.(38)

I made my initial disclosure/request in June.

llamainmypocket

If you don't mind me asking, what accommodations did you receive?

I don't know how things work at other centers, or HUBS but we have many positions that are not strictly loading/unloading.

My request was simple to start. I just asked to not be left alone to load, and if I was loading with another person to limit it to an hour at a time, and then move me to a lighter position. I also said that I may need to take short breaks periodically, (depending on the night/how my meds are working). I really did not ask for much.

I have seniority and am trained to do all the other things we do.

Since my SUP doesn't like me, he will put all the new guys in the easy positions, blatantly ignore my previous request, and then tell them to "blow me up," and overwhelm me, hoping to get into an altercation.

I was moved from preload to unload. Pretty simple. I may put in an additional request to move to daytime in the future

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes. My disability does meet ADA requirements. I have both read and understand the text.

instead they choose to ignore it. We have not started any sort of "interactive process."

Also you leave out important details.

How quickly must an employer respond to a request for reasonable accommodation?

An employer should respond expeditiously to a request for reasonable accommodation. If the employer and the individual with a disability need to engage in an interactive process, this too should proceed as quickly as possible.(37) Similarly, the employer should act promptly to provide the reasonable accommodation. Unnecessary delays can result in a violation of the ADA.(38)

I made my initial disclosure/request in June.

You don't have an ADA approved Accommodation.

Period. End of story.

If it was that easy.... 95% of employees would have one.

I was moved from preload to unload. Pretty simple. I may put in an additional request to move to daytime in the future

That sums it up.

Snowflakes can't handle preload.

ODG

-Bug-

Heinrich

T
You don't have an ADA approved Accommodation.

Period. End of story.

If it was that easy.... 95% of employees would have one.

That sums it up.

Snowflakes can't handle preload.

ODG

-Bug-
I don't know about them, but you are incorrect. I absolutely do have a disability covered by the ADA.

Heinrich

This is not the point. I wrote on the forum to get advice from more seasoned employees that may have experienced, or seen something like this before.
You don't have an ADA approved disability.

What don't you understand ?

Of course I do. If you are saying that I do not have approved accommodations through the ADA, I guess you are technically correct, however, you do not request accommodations through the ADA.