Harassment or Justified?

dudebro

Sent a Feeder to Target for a pick up last Peak. He was there for 2 hours for 20 minutes of work and the Feeder department never sent him back again.
There are victories inside victories.

My first PD as a PT sup, we'd run late, the feeder drivers would come in, and then crack jokes about the state of the belt, the ancestry of my loaders, etc, for a half hour a night.

I went to hub school and found out they were supposed to work as directed too. So the first day back I ran down there to tell them all to start moving irregs.

Nobody ever moved one - they all suddenly had to "pretrip the trailers". Good enough - they stopped coming inside and mocking my loaders every night.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Mostly off the street hire Feeder drivers. The ones that come from package car know how to work.
Most feeder jobs have some built in down time. You get paid the same whether you are doing hub work or sitting in the cab playing games or talking on your phone. Just human nature. I was in feeders for 29 years. There's not a lot of difference in the attitudes whether you were off the street hire or someone who worked their way up thru the ranks.

Most feeder jobs have some built in down time. You get paid the same whether you are doing hub work or sitting in the cab playing games or talking on your phone. Just human nature. I was in feeders for 29 years. There's not a lot of difference in the attitudes whether you were off the street hire or someone who worked their way up thru the ranks.
There is a big difference between someone that loaded and unloaded for years, drove package car for years and went into Feeders versus someone off the street who consider PT and package car drivers as fools for working so hard.

jaker

trolling
The next time he comes yelling at you, start unloading and about a min in scream in pain and tell him that you need to go to the clinic and since he is in charge and you are in his building that it will show up on him

Either you will never go back or it will get unloaded by them

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Whose directions take priority? One supervisor says wait for it to be unloaded, another says unload it. You just follow the most recent direction?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is a big difference between someone that loaded and unloaded for years, drove package car for years and went into Feeders versus someone off the street who consider PT and package car drivers as fools for working so hard.
I was an unloader for 2 years, then a package car driver for 8 years before 29 years in feeders. I don't consider anyone who does those jobs to be a fool. Been there. Done that. I'm just saying most feeder drivers have an aversion to non feeder work after sitting in the air seat for a couple of years.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Can't seem to find clear cut language in the contract/supplement or here.
At the end of the sort, sometimes I get sent with a combo to shuttle volume to a hub in a neighboring city. This has been pretty smooth until recently. The supervisor that directs me told me to drive to the hub, wait for it to be unloaded, drive back to our hub.
The past 3 times I have gone to the other hub, the same PT Supe comes out screaming and crying at me to unload my own combo. Cussing and all. Saying it isn't their work and it's unplanned etc... When I get there I always take a break and nap in the cab and the past 3 times he always bangs on my door. I worked 4.5 hours inside, 2 hour drive, then 2 hour drive back. I basically told him to stuff it and that he has a PT staff to unload and I'm taking a break. Not touching a single package on the combo. I told him I would unload the combo if he goes in the break room and forces all the feeder drivers to unload their trailers. He basically told me to work as directed and grieve later. I've been refusing this entire time, but I'm tired of getting yelled and cussed at every time I go there. He hangs termination over my head and quite frankly I don't care.
I'm not this supes worker, I'm not on this hub's time, I'm lead to believe it's not my job duty to unload my own shuttle. I have a right to a break. I'm wanting to grieve this but I'm not sure how that works in a different local/hub or if I'm justified in doing so.
Always remember, the doosh bag supes will move on or be fired, and you’ll be doing your job for a long time. In the meantime, file away.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You always need to work as directed, unless unsafe, and grieve it later. They can tell you to unload it and then take your break.

Either way, you cannot refuse to work as directed in this situation. Take your break and then unload it or unload it and then take your break.

The Central Region Supplement goes one step further.

Article 19

Section 2

Feeder drivers, irrespective of domicile, will work as directed in any of the Employer’s locations.
I worked 4.5 hours inside, 2 hour drive, then 2 hour drive back.
I'm not sure this employee is even a feeder driver?
At the end of the sort, sometimes I get sent with a combo to shuttle volume to a hub in a neighboring city
Any chance this is a 22.3 employee in a bulk van?

If that's the case (here) someone would be grieving this scenario as extra work being performed by an employee outside their classification.
We don't have a "shuttle agreement".

dudebro

Whose directions take priority? One supervisor says wait for it to be unloaded, another says unload it. You just follow the most recent direction?
Yea - if it's reasonable. If the first one complains, tell him or her to talk to the second one, and let you know what the "braintrust" around here decides.

AlliSeeisBrown

Any chance this is a 22.3 employee in a bulk van?

If that's the case (here) someone would be grieving this scenario as extra work being performed by an employee outside their classification.

To be honest, I'm just a PT Package Handler. At the end of the sort, when all trailers have been wrapped and there's still volume left over, they load up the rest in a combo and have me shuttle it. They pay me top rate to do this.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
As a feeder driver, I get told by feeder management (PT or FT) to pull the trailer off door X asap. When I get there, the PT hub sup might tell me "hey, you can't pull right now, I need 15 minutes to wrap it up, and my loader isn't getting out of the trailer till we're done" I don't get horsey with him, I just call feeders to make the decision to whether they want me to wait, or go ahead and pull it now. If feeders calls the hub PT'er and says "close the door NOW. Driver has a pull time to adhere to." I do what I'm told by MY management team. I make THEM make that decision.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Whose directions take priority?

The most recent directions given, or call someone to have those directions overridden.

You just follow the most recent direction?

Yes.

Probably not, but shuttle drivers do go to other hubs or centers, just as feeder drivers do, and are required to work as directed by those other hubs or centers.

Sounds to me like there was no one available to unload this shuttle, as to why they directed the shuttle driver. to unload it. I'm sure you know that extra work means present, qualified and available.

Even if there are employees still there in that classification, they may not have been available, may have still been doing their work.

Sounds like you're trying to tell me that a shuttle driver from your building does not have to work as directed at another center or hub. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Even feeder drivers are required to work as directed.
Just unload a box and tell him your back hurts. You need to take a 30min break or you will have to fill out an injury report
Most sups have their tail between their legs when taking to a feeder driver... especially a pt. Sup... seen it countless times...sups know that their “downtime” numbers live and die by feeder drivers TA Times so as a general rule they are usually as sweet as pie....it was one of the first things I noticed when getting into feeder when pulling loads to different p sorts...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can't seem to find clear cut language in the contract/supplement or here.
At the end of the sort, sometimes I get sent with a combo to shuttle volume to a hub in a neighboring city. This has been pretty smooth until recently. The supervisor that directs me told me to drive to the hub, wait for it to be unloaded, drive back to our hub.
The past 3 times I have gone to the other hub, the same PT Supe comes out screaming and crying at me to unload my own combo. Cussing and all. Saying it isn't their work and it's unplanned etc... When I get there I always take a break and nap in the cab and the past 3 times he always bangs on my door. I worked 4.5 hours inside, 2 hour drive, then 2 hour drive back. I basically told him to stuff it and that he has a PT staff to unload and I'm taking a break. Not touching a single package on the combo. I told him I would unload the combo if he goes in the break room and forces all the feeder drivers to unload their trailers. He basically told me to work as directed and grieve later. I've been refusing this entire time, but I'm tired of getting yelled and cussed at every time I go there. He hangs termination over my head and quite frankly I don't care.
I'm not this supes worker, I'm not on this hub's time, I'm lead to believe it's not my job duty to unload my own shuttle. I have a right to a break. I'm wanting to grieve this but I'm not sure how that works in a different local/hub or if I'm justified in doing so.
Work slow.