Harrasment

Cementups

Box Monkey
That's just ludicrous.

No, this is Ludacris!!

220px-Ludacris_2008.jpg

A

anonymous6

If you have to ask if you are being harrassed then chances are you aren't.

i disagree.

if she is being stressed about this then there must be something to it. not good for the baby either.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Last year prior to peak, our workgroup had a pregnant woman who was harassed by a P/T supervisor over and over. I believe she was at least 7 or 8 months along, too. She filed grievances because of the behavior prior to going out on FMLA - and soon after, perhaps a month later, he was moved to a new area and in February, was promoted to FT on-road sup.

over9five

Staff member
Be a lot simpler and a lot faster for these women to have their husband/boyfriend/brother/father show up sometime and have a chat with the harasser out in the parking lot.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Be a lot simpler and a lot faster for these women to have their husband/boyfriend/brother/father show up sometime and have a chat with the harasser out in the parking lot.
True enough, but that boyfriend/husband/father has to be man enough to do the job, first. There are a lot fewer real men out there than you would think.

over9five

Staff member
True enough, but that boyfriend/husband/father has to be man enough to do the job, first. There are a lot fewer real men out there than you would think.
Unfortunately that's true. More "pussification of America". Go thru proper channels my ***.
If it were my daughter, I'd find him somewhere and beat him down. (If he looked too big, I'd bring help. I'm not stupid!). But the harassment would stop on day one.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'd invest in a lovely new gun. I love guns. Then, I would have a lovely little chat with the person. A lovely little chat. And, my lovely little new gun( any excuse to buy a new gun) would be quite noticeable. A lovely little chat.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Unfortunately, the ones dictating who is harassed and who is not, are many times the empty suits behind the curtains. The harasser is simply the lemming following orders at all costs.

blue efficacy

Unfortunately that's true. More "pussification of America". Go thru proper channels my ***.
If it were my daughter, I'd find him somewhere and beat him down. (If he looked too big, I'd bring help. I'm not stupid!). But the harassment would stop on day one.

Vigilante justice is foolish and dangerous.

Also, the "victim" can easily make things up so their goon of a BF or father/brother will beat up some dude they just don't like for whatever reason. Shoot first ask questions later is never the right idea, unless you feel the need to compensate for lacking "manliness" in other areas.

On that note, if you really are being harassed, inform the center manager or HR, give the company a chance to handle it before getting the union involved. Most of the time the company handles matters like this quite professionally.

Side note. I was jobbed by bogus allegations by a female employee once. I had more seniority than her BF and his friends, and they wanted me out of the way. If over 9.5 had his way they should have added injury to insult and met me in the parking lot with a tire iron! Another employee who also had more seniority than them was similarly accused.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Vigilante justice is foolish and dangerous.

Also, the "victim" can easily make things up so their goon of a BF or father/brother will beat up some dude they just don't like for whatever reason. Shoot first ask questions later is never the right idea, unless you feel the need to compensate for lacking "manliness" in other areas.

On that note, if you really are being harassed, inform the center manager or HR, give the company a chance to handle it before getting the union involved. Most of the time the company handles matters like this quite professionally.

Side note. I was jobbed by bogus allegations by a female employee once. I had more seniority than her BF and his friends, and they wanted me out of the way. If over 9.5 had his way they should have added injury to insult and met me in the parking lot with a tire iron! Another employee who also had more seniority than them was similarly accused.
I agree. Tire iron.

mikeups1978

I agree with her problem; I was harrassed to no end because I was a good worker, and the harrassment went on and on. Then the sup had the nerve to say I was the one treating her like a stepchild.