Has a supervisor ever straight up lied about you in order to get you in trouble? Share your stories here.

takesteady

Years ago I had an emotionally unstable part time supe who claimed to be a marine veteran that had a hard on for me and a few others on my belt. He had a major temper problem and would frequently lose his cool on employees and other supes alike. He bullied countless rookies into quitting and would stand right outside your truck and insult you while you load. 'if we were stationed together I would blalala'. Finally I had enough and started filing harassment and working grievances against him. This really put me on his :censored2:list.

One christmas day ( I :censored2: you not , actual christmas day) me, him, and three other employees are loading a trailer and he nearly gets into a physical altercation with another employee for loading too slow. I get inbetween him and the other employee and tell him to calm down. Then he yells at me for a bit and leaves the trailer. Next day he claims I threatened him with violence

I actually got terminated and walked out of the building by security for violence in the workplace, but my steward at the time was able to get my job back with backpay. Everyone in the trailer with us gave witness statements. When I came back I got moved to a different area and he actually stayed with the company for a few years before he ACTUALLY threatened an employee with violence. He got sent to 'sup rehab' or something for a couple weeks and when he came back he was chill for a while and then back to the old habits . He resigned (or got fired) a few months later

Edit: He'd constantly say 'lets settle this in parking lot like men'

Last edited:

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I’ve had a couple, some even from corporate (or so they said), try to pull stuff on me, but I cover my self as much as I can. Generally if their lips are moving they’re lying. Good for you for standing up for yourself.

takesteady

I’ve had a couple, some even from corporate (or so they said), try to pull stuff on me, but I cover my self as much as I can. Generally if their lips are moving they’re lying. Good for you for standing up for yourself

What's crazy is If I had actually threatened him with physical violence he could have called the cops and had me arrested for assault, but he knew it was BS and went after my job instead.

Out of curiosity, how did UPS corporate try to pull something against you?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
What's crazy is If I had actually threatened him with physical violence he could have called the cops and had me arrested for assault, but he knew it was BS and went after my job instead.

Out of curiosity, how did UPS corporate try to pull something against you?
Management is like the government. They can lie to you all they want and the moment you do it’s considered perjury, lol. I’m not sure if they were even corporate, but I confronted someone who was obviously not union breaking the contract, and I confronted and they started pulling the I’m corporate card, so I pulled the I’m a shop steward card. Don’t want to get into details since it’s sorta fresh. But it happened along the lines with what happened with you. Said individual tries slandering my name and basically try to play the victim because apparently I was too aggressive. But I’m soft spoken, and I carry a huge stick, lol.

takesteady

Management is like the government. They can lie to you all they want and the moment you do it’s considered perjury, lol. I’m not sure if they were even corporate, but I confronted someone who was obviously not union breaking the contract, and I confronted and they started pulling the I’m corporate card, so I pulled the I’m a shop steward card. Don’t want to get into details since it’s sorta fresh. But it happened along the lines with what happened with you. Said individual tries slandering my name and basically try to play the victim because apparently I was too aggressive. But I’m soft spoken, and I carry a huge stick, lol.
I hear you. I'm not sure what it is with UPS in particular, but some of the sups they hire become completely deranged the moment they don a polo. I work a full time job ( and have worked multiple other part time jobs during my time at UPS) outside the company and I've never encountered the kind of antisocial behavior some supes display on a near daily basis. UPS corporate needs a major overhaul in their training and culture.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I hear you. I'm not sure what it is with UPS in particular, but some of the sups they hire become completely deranged the moment they don a polo. I work a full time job ( and have worked multiple other part time jobs during my time at UPS) outside the company and I've never encountered the kind of psychopathic behavior some supes display on a near daily basis. UPS corporate needs a major overhaul in their training and culture.
It’s all about the bottom line where the ends justify the means. Being part of the union protects and softens the blows from said means. Yeah, I often tell the new guys that they’d have to be a cold piece of work or a masochist to go management, lol. Then they think I’m lying, and then they come to terms eventually, lol.

takesteady

It’s all about the bottom line where the ends justify the means. Being part of the union protects and softens the blows from said means. Yeah, I often tell the new guys that they’d have to be a cold piece of work or a masochist to go management, lol. Then they think I’m lying, and then they come to terms eventually, lol.
It's unfortunate. A couple people who I considered friends became management and our relationships just aren't the same. Not that it isnt possible to be friends with management, but the dynamic has shifted and it's just weird.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
It's unfortunate. A couple people who I considered friends became management and our relationships just aren't the same. Not that it isnt possible to be friends with management, but the dynamic has shifted and it's just weird.
Yeah, it happens. I keep it cordial, banter and keep it minimal with management. It’s too risky now with everyone videotaping everything or documenting it online. One slip up and it can cost your job. Too much liability in the long run, but crazier things have happened, lol.

Yolo

Reported an injury and a sup with an associate's degree and a clip on tie told me he was going to stick HR and security on me. Pressured me to file for disability instead of workman's comp. Stuck to my guns. He can S a D.

RPCDGrunt

Few weeks after I qualified, one of my stewards comes up to me and say’s “Hey this is the 9.5 list and you need to sign it if you want to file on 9.5 in the future.” I say hell yeah and sign it.

Few days later the center manager comes up to me and confronts me about signing the list. Basically says, “You really don’t need to have your name on that list, I don’t plan on ever working you over 9.5.” To which I said, “If your not gonna work me over 9.5, then it shouldn’t matter if my names on the list or not.”

The next day I spot the same center manager sitting in his truck in a neighborhood I’m working and he starts to follow me. Me being fresh out I’ve my thirty days I was a little nervous but, I knew the methods and was following them the way I supposed to. After a few stops he comes up and hops out of his truck and has a long list of really egregious violations he saw me doing. The thing was, I didn’t do any of them. To this day I know I didn’t. He starts going through my truck and is looking for anything he can. The fire extinguisher almost expired, “Didn’t you notice that on your pre-trip?” Etc.

After while he leaves and says will have to talk later about my future with the company. My phone rings after work that night and it’s my steward. “ The center manager wanted me to reach out to you because I work with the younger guys and he’s worried you don’t have much of a future with the company.” Needless to say the whole situation kinda went away after a few weeks because i never really let him get a rise out of me. Not a good first impression for a new driver though.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Years ago I had an emotionally unstable part time supe who claimed to be a marine veteran that had a hard on for me and a few others on my belt. He had a major temper problem and would frequently lose his cool on employees and other supes alike. He bullied countless rookies into quitting and would stand right outside your truck and insult you while you load. 'if we were stationed together I would blalala'. Finally I had enough and started filing harassment and working grievances against him. This really put me on his :censored2:list.

One christmas day ( I :censored2: you not , actual christmas day) me, him, and three other employees are loading a trailer and he nearly gets into a physical altercation with another employee for loading too slow. I get inbetween him and the other employee and tell him to calm down. Then he yells at me for a bit and leaves the trailer. Next day he claims I threatened him with violence

I actually got terminated and walked out of the building by security for violence in the workplace, but my steward at the time was able to get my job back with backpay. Everyone in the trailer with us gave witness statements. When I came back I got moved to a different area and he actually stayed with the company for a few years before he ACTUALLY threatened an employee with violence. He got sent to 'sup rehab' or something for a couple weeks and when he came back he was chill for a while and then back to the old habits . He resigned (or got fired) a few months later

Seriously..a part time supervisor?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Few weeks after I qualified, one of my stewards comes up to me and say’s “Hey this is the 9.5 list and you need to sign it if you want to file on 9.5 in the future.” I say hell yeah and sign it.

Few days later the center manager comes up to me and confronts me about signing the list. Basically says, “You really don’t need to have your name on that list, I don’t plan on ever working you over 9.5.” To which I said, “If your not gonna work me over 9.5, then it shouldn’t matter if my names on the list or not.”

The next day I spot the same center manager sitting in his truck in a neighborhood I’m working and he starts to follow me. Me being fresh out I’ve my thirty days I was a little nervous but, I knew the methods and was following them the way I supposed to. After a few stops he comes up and hops out of his truck and has a long list of really egregious violations he saw me doing. The thing was, I didn’t do any of them. To this day I know I didn’t. He starts going through my truck and is looking for anything he can. The fire extinguisher almost expired, “Didn’t you notice that on your pre-trip?” Etc.

After while he leaves and says will have to talk later about my future with the company. My phone rings after work that night and it’s my steward. “ The center manager wanted me to reach out to you because I work with the younger guys and he’s worried you don’t have much of a future with the company.” Needless to say the whole situation kinda went away after a few weeks because i never really let him get a rise out of me. Not a good first impression for a new driver though.
Clock out on lunch next time

wornoutupser

True story- the manager that I have posted previously for rolling trailers went out to my Walmart, presented his UPS I'd and requested 1 pkg be given to him that I delivered a little earlier.

He then took it one block down the street to my Kmart and handed it to them on their dock stating that " my driver forgot this".

Two days later he wrote me up for a misdelivery. I had already been warned by the Wal-Mart that the pkg was not back the next day and they told me what happened. ( Small town). Despite letters signed by the managers of both stores and the Wal-Mart video he refused to back off.

My steward and I met with him a second time and we were told that " I can do anything I want. Let's see how good you are at defending yourself". It was game on after that!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It wasn't me but a sup lied and the case ended up in arbitration. The defendant said to the panel, "look at these photos, I thought she was man"! The panel looked and said "yes, we see"... case dismissed.

Thebrownblob

Reported an injury and a sup with an associate's degree and a clip on tie told me he was going to stick HR and security on me. Pressured me to file for disability instead of workman's comp. Stuck to my guns. He can S a D.
Should’ve turned that punk in.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It should be easy. Always someone on a power trip. No one believes us but it seams to be in every building.

Seriously it’s a box shouldn’t come with all the drama.
It’s been laid back here , it’s too short staffed for management to be making any demands
🧔‍♂️✊