Has anyone heard anything?

Robretro

Nobody at my hub seems to care anything about the contract. I still don’t understand if it went through or not. Does anyone know what the deal is? I keep reading these posts but can’t find any info.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
LOL, the Union heads are hiding under a rock or worse, taking a vacation cruise around the world paid for by the company! They know that they absolutely screwed over every UPS teamster and are scared :censored2:-less the majority will catch on to their shenanigans!

davidix

Yes it passed by loophole/ forced.There's some resistance but it will be ratified I'm guessing in 2-3 months.

I haven't heard of anything else..did I miss something?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
LOL, the Union heads are hiding under a rock or worse, taking a vacation cruise around the world paid for by the company! They know that they absolutely screwed over every UPS teamster and are scared :censored2:-less the majority will catch on to their shenanigans!
My stewards have been trying to get ahold of my BA for a week and got nothing. I think they finally contacted our old BA.

EasyTrucker

Contract is ratified and will go in effect when the supplements that were voted down by more than 2/3 are renegotiated and approved. Most likely some time next year. D Taylor is still meeting with the company to see if they are open to changing some language.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
0FEAF9A2-20D9-4302-9AF8-34557E274D12.gif
That's it I'm done.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
UPS Contract Update

The National Master UPS Agreement has been ratified, but it will not go into effect until all the rejected supplements have been re-voted and approved.

Following the vote count on Friday, October 5, the results showed that six supplements were rejected. The union will be reaching out to the chairs of the supplements and then will arrange for a meeting with the company. The rejected supplements are:

• Teamsters Central Pennsylvania Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Local 243 and Metro Detroit Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Local 804 Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Trailer Conditioners Inc. (TCI) Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Upstate and West New York Tentative Agreement; and

• Teamsters Western Pennsylvania and Local 926 Car Wash Tentative Agreement.

Package Division Director Denis T has reached out to UPS requesting a meeting to discuss the contract. We will keep the Local Unions informed as this process continues.

Once these six outstanding agreements are ratified, the national agreement will then go into effect, with economic improvements retroactive to August 1, 2018.

The union will keep members updated at www.UPSrising.org .

DeliveryMachine

So Dennis is going to be in contact with UPS about possibly adjusting some language before it’s ratified? Does he want to bump it up to 30% of drivers 22.4? Make progression longer? Haven’t you done enough D.T.?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Package Division Director Denis T has reached out to UPS requesting a meeting to discuss the contract. We will keep the Local Unions informed as this process continues.

Translation: Dennis Taylor let UPS know that for another $100K put into his offshore account he is free to "service" them for another couple of months!

DOK

Contract is ratified and will go in effect when the supplements that were voted down by more than 2/3 are renegotiated and approved. Most likely some time next year. D Taylor is still meeting with the company to see if they are open to changing some language.

It’s funny though, “he’s meeting with the company to see if they’re open to changing some language”, yet we hold all the leverage with a strike authorization vote and a an offer that was handedly voted down. Mind blowing negotiation tactics.

When he buys a car or a house does he offer more than the asking price?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It’s funny though, “he’s meeting with the company to see if they’re open to changing some language”, yet we hold all the leverage with a strike authorization vote and a an offer that was handedly voted down. Mind blowing negotiation tactics.

People can complain all they want, but the membership involvement was not there.

93% of the only 23% members voting for strike authorization was weak.

And, only 44.3% bothering to vote on the contract is not a mandate.