Has anyone heard anything?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Robretro, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Robretro

Robretro Member

Nobody at my hub seems to care anything about the contract. I still don’t understand if it went through or not. Does anyone know what the deal is? I keep reading these posts but can’t find any info.

2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

No

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

LOL, the Union heads are hiding under a rock or worse, taking a vacation cruise around the world paid for by the company! They know that they absolutely screwed over every UPS teamster and are scared :censored2:-less the majority will catch on to their shenanigans!

4. davidix

davidix Active Member

Yes it passed by loophole/ forced.There's some resistance but it will be ratified I'm guessing in 2-3 months.

I haven't heard of anything else..did I miss something?

5. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

It was ratified it wasn’t passed, voted down 55 to 45%, roughly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

My stewards have been trying to get ahold of my BA for a week and got nothing. I think they finally contacted our old BA.

7. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

That's it I'm done.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

I heard my balls was hot

9. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

And I heard a mouse squeeking in the basement!

10. EasyTrucker

EasyTrucker Active Member

Contract is ratified and will go in effect when the supplements that were voted down by more than 2/3 are renegotiated and approved. Most likely some time next year. D Taylor is still meeting with the company to see if they are open to changing some language.

11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

0FEAF9A2-20D9-4302-9AF8-34557E274D12.gif

12. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

UPS Contract Update

The National Master UPS Agreement has been ratified, but it will not go into effect until all the rejected supplements have been re-voted and approved.

Following the vote count on Friday, October 5, the results showed that six supplements were rejected. The union will be reaching out to the chairs of the supplements and then will arrange for a meeting with the company. The rejected supplements are:

• Teamsters Central Pennsylvania Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Local 243 and Metro Detroit Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Local 804 Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Trailer Conditioners Inc. (TCI) Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Upstate and West New York Tentative Agreement; and

• Teamsters Western Pennsylvania and Local 926 Car Wash Tentative Agreement.

Package Division Director Denis T has reached out to UPS requesting a meeting to discuss the contract. We will keep the Local Unions informed as this process continues.

Once these six outstanding agreements are ratified, the national agreement will then go into effect, with economic improvements retroactive to August 1, 2018.

The union will keep members updated at www.UPSrising.org .

13. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

The national should be the ones explaining this coup d’etat. The locals should not be explaining why national made the decision it did l

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I did

15. DeliveryMachine

DeliveryMachine Active Member

So Dennis is going to be in contact with UPS about possibly adjusting some language before it’s ratified? Does he want to bump it up to 30% of drivers 22.4? Make progression longer? Haven’t you done enough D.T.?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. 1QHrHcjr4yyzbbsS_s5-uletZhWQ7qCRNV5IwVuC9PJioA1Re1KChxKtc-YQ7rhAgx0aLyfu0jpZSR2AECZKVYyuYRY=s0-d.gif

17. Unless they supported the move.

18. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Translation: Dennis Taylor let UPS know that for another $100K put into his offshore account he is free to "service" them for another couple of months!

19. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

It’s funny though, “he’s meeting with the company to see if they’re open to changing some language”, yet we hold all the leverage with a strike authorization vote and a an offer that was handedly voted down. Mind blowing negotiation tactics.

When he buys a car or a house does he offer more than the asking price?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

People can complain all they want, but the membership involvement was not there.

93% of the only 23% members voting for strike authorization was weak.

And, only 44.3% bothering to vote on the contract is not a mandate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List