Has Hoffa and the IBT surrendered?

jimstud

Banned
the problem is not just hoffa , the main problem is our group is only as strong as the weakest link. we can't get our members to stand behind our stewards never mind anything else. all you have to do is read through some of these posts you have people working off the clock " in the name of good quality service " and that is acceptable . you also have knuckleheads cutting our own members apart for the side of management . if we all could stand as a single unit we could get a lot more accomplished but that will never happen because too many of our members are half a suit.

don't bother arguing or trying to get a clear answer, just look at his member name. 2 units == management == never give clear, focus, concise answers. just the normal drival that's no help to employees

Straight answers, right to the point, problem is employees are not always getting the answers they want to here. By the way have you looked at your member name????[/QUOTE]

managers like yourself caused an employee like myself to create such a username.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Volume..... dictates jobs.... it always has, reduced volume means reduced jobs, increased volume means more jobs. Its in everybodys best interest to try and recapture the volume that was lost to the non union carriers.

Thats the same line that was used by UPS in 97 and 98 which cost UPS millions of dollars in back pay and pension contributions when the Teamsters won the arbitration over creating these jobs.

I maybe could buy it because of the economy and all and even live with it for a while, but UPS is still hiring part timers to perform the work at a cheaper cost.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The fact is that the NUMBER of jobs shall not be reduced. UPS can play the shell game with the jobs until there is SPECIFIC language regarding WHERE the jobs are located and HOW the jobs can be moved, bid, and everything else.

If a supplement does not contain language as to 8 consecutive hours, then the company will reconfigure the jobs as they see fits the operation Remember, they WANT you to quit, they WANT you out . Myself and many other 22.3s are trying to keep our heads above water with this company. They are abusing us every day in every way possible. That is all it is. One less 22.3 is one less overpaid leech in their eyes when your job is eliminated, split up, or employee retires/injured/quits etc

deleted9

Straight answers, right to the point, problem is employees are not always getting the answers they want to here. By the way have you looked at your member name????

managers like yourself caused an employee like myself to create such a username.[/QUOTE]

Why are you still with UPS if it is so bad!!!! Lets see this straight and concise answer from you on that question...

deleted9

I maybe could buy it because of the economy and all and even live with it for a while, but UPS is still hiring part timers to perform the work at a cheaper cost.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you approve

I maybe could buy it because of the economy and all and even live with it for a while, but UPS is still hiring part timers to perform the work at a cheaper cost.

I'm glad you approve[/QUOTE]Yea three of them loaded my truck today and it was a bad day CHA-Ching 44 something an hour o/t to save 9bucks an hour.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I'm glad you approve[/QUOTE]

Please do not think that I approve, you might want to move your stock around because when these arbitrations get won, it will cost UPS another boat load of money. UPS is profiting more now than they did in 97, 98 and 99 when the original arbitration was won. I cant wait to see them walk in and cry they are broke! I cant wait to start laughing out loud.

jimstud

Banned
Yea three of them loaded my truck today and it was a bad day CHA-Ching 44 something an hour o/t to save 9bucks an hour.

Not impressed at all, cash dividend up 2 cents to .47 cents a share ..... that is cha-ching[/QUOTE]

not impressed either you are probally one of the new suits with 3 or 4 shares , so i will go with the 44 dollars per hour. you keep working your 60 hour weeks which averages out to about 3 dollars an hour with your great health bennies and all the other perks that comes with pulling a tie so tight that it chokes the oxygen to your brain.

tieguy

Banned
Thats the same line that was used by UPS in 97 and 98 which cost UPS millions of dollars in back pay and pension contributions when the Teamsters won the arbitration over creating these jobs.

Red I'm surprised to see the 97 events still brought up. I would think the latest contract saving the central states plan pretty much negates the 97 argument.

tieguy

Banned
I'm glad you approve

Please do not think that I approve, you might want to move your stock around because when these arbitrations get won, it will cost UPS another boat load of money. UPS is profiting more now than they did in 97, 98 and 99 when the original arbitration was won. I cant wait to see them walk in and cry they are broke! I cant wait to start laughing out loud.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to make up your mind how you're spinning this. your first post on this thread you make the case that these arbitrations are not getting won. Now you want to change that tune to win an argument?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Please do not think that I approve, you might want to move your stock around because when these arbitrations get won, it will cost UPS another boat load of money. UPS is profiting more now than they did in 97, 98 and 99 when the original arbitration was won. I cant wait to see them walk in and cry they are broke! I cant wait to start laughing out loud.

I think you have to make up your mind how you're spinning this. your first post on this thread you make the case that these arbitrations are not getting won. Now you want to change that tune to win an argument?[/QUOTE]

Tie would you like to reread the original post? It talks about panel cases and it goes on to say that the National panel is not hearing these 22.3 cases. No where does it say that we are losing ARBITRATIONS!!!!!!

Now who is doing a spin job? I was wondering how long it would be before you chimed in, you hate it when us Teamsters dis Hoffa. But even you should be able to see that all those good days you have enjoyed are coming to an end real soon.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red I'm surprised to see the 97 events still brought up. I would think the latest contract saving the central states plan pretty much negates the 97 argument.

That pension is worse now then it was before, and the kicker is UPS only has to make up the differnce through this contract. UPS slipped that past our grata IBT or did the IBT know it at the time?

SWORDFISH

I don't know you and i surely do not want to, but all i am reading from you is the company is no good, the union is no good, maybe you should look in the mirror, sounds to me like you are the common problem in every post. The union is there to negotiate and enforce the collective bargaining agreement, protect members rights if violated, they are not there to agree with everything that you think is a problem. Their job is also to protect its members by telling them when they are headed down the wrong path, by your own statement they have done that with you and now you call them weak because you did not here what YOU wanted to here. I am sure there have been closed door meetings between the company and the union about you and the record you have made, at which point i would think the union acted in your best interest and told you to straighten out. Its up to you to listen to them or not your choice, but you can never say you weren't warned or told of the consequences. As far as the word Harassment that you use very loosely, do you even know what it means, in Websters dictionary the sub meaning of the word is " to set dog upon".
I am a Christian and i believe in the Lord and am a God fearing man, Prayer is always good but the record that you made at UPS is from you not the Lord. Just my opinion. Good Luck

Who are you, a supervisor? Probably one of mine? Your defintely not a friendly guy. You dont know me yet you start off immidiately judging and attacking me. By the way you seem to be the problem in this post. If your going to attack people on a post you should try knowing what your speaking about. How in the world do you know anything about my record at UPS? Oh wait you dont so again you have no idea what your talking about. Wise men dont speak when they dont have any knowledge on the subject. Some advice for you since you had so much for me. Next time try offering something usefull.
The defintion for harassment is actually exactly what I described. Harassment covers a wide range of offensive behaviour. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset. In the legal sense, it is behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing

You should try looking up a word called respect and then put it into practice.

SWORDFISH

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I understand the part of about volume and layoffs. I made the decision to accept the re-configured job that was offered and now that is gone too. I don't know what you mean by having the right or authority.. what right, what authority? Let me try to "figger" it out. The decision to work my 8 hrs that are gauranteed, and the right or authority to do the work? Is that it?

don't bother arguing or trying to get a clear answer, just look at his member name. 2 units == management == never give clear, focus, concise answers. just the normal drival that's no help to employees[/QUOTE]

+1

Not impressed at all, cash dividend up 2 cents to .47 cents a share ..... that is cha-ching

not impressed either you are probally one of the new suits with 3 or 4 shares , so i will go with the 44 dollars per hour. you keep working your 60 hour weeks which averages out to about 3 dollars an hour with your great health bennies and all the other perks that comes with pulling a tie so tight that it chokes the oxygen to your brain.[/QUOTE] LMAOL I think 2 units is a part time sup or he feels inadequate with the size of his unit so he wants a second one.

tieguy

Banned
I think you have to make up your mind how you're spinning this. your first post on this thread you make the case that these arbitrations are not getting won. Now you want to change that tune to win an argument?

Tie would you like to reread the original post? It talks about panel cases and it goes on to say that the National panel is not hearing these 22.3 cases. No where does it say that we are losing ARBITRATIONS!!!!!!

Now who is doing a spin job? I was wondering how long it would be before you chimed in, you hate it when us Teamsters dis Hoffa. But even you should be able to see that all those good days you have enjoyed are coming to an end real soon.[/QUOTE]

No Red no spin, just appears you were speaking out of both sides of your mouth.
Actually I don't know your grievance system well enough to think you would only be blaming Hoffa for it.
for some silly reason I thought your grievance system was implemented prior to Hoffa.:happy2:

I thank you for clarifying the point that you were really trying to blame Hoffa for the national grievance processes failures.

With that said I did see all the cases you posted. It appears your locals did win a lot of cases in the various panels.

The part I guess I don't understand is how you would blame Hoffa for the losses, I guess you're not giving him credit for the wins? Did Hoffa actually present the cases at these panels?

tieguy

Banned
That pension is worse now then it was before, and the kicker is UPS only has to make up the differnce through this contract. UPS slipped that past our grata IBT or did the IBT know it at the time?

Red I'm clearly not the pension guru that you must be, but I fail to see how a pension plan that was DOA before is now worse now?

Last time I checked everything ends at the end of this contract. was this the first you discovered that contracts have to be renegotiated when they end?

Did you also as a pension guru discover that pension liability goes beyond the scope of a contract and is therefore mandated by law?

Lots of misinformation in your posts buddy you can do better then this.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Now who is doing a spin job? I was wondering how long it would be before you chimed in, you hate it when us Teamsters dis Hoffa. But even you should be able to see that all those good days you have enjoyed are coming to an end real soon.

No Red no spin, just appears you were speaking out of both sides of your mouth.
Actually I don't know your grievance system well enough to think you would only be blaming Hoffa for it.
for some silly reason I thought your grievance system was implemented prior to Hoffa.:happy2:

I thank you for clarifying the point that you were really trying to blame Hoffa for the national grievance processes failures.

With that said I did see all the cases you posted. It appears your locals did win a lot of cases in the various panels.

The part I guess I don't understand is how you would blame Hoffa for the losses, I guess you're not giving him credit for the wins? Did Hoffa actually present the cases at these panels?[/QUOTE]

Its Hoffa people that sit on the panel for the union side, you know the ines that crawl under the blamket with the company to spoon. Thats the problem with the panel, my only other beef would be it should meeat more reuglarly. 4 times a year is not enough..

You think Ron Carey would let these jobs get eliminated? Hell no!