has the spring seasonal period started yet?

bluemoon

i had been in contact with my local ups hr rep and was told i was the leading candidate for the package handling position that was available. he told me that it was only seasonal and he would let me know once the seasonal position opened. my question is when does the seasonal period begin, i was told that there are two. one during christmas time, and one some time in spring. does anyone know if it has started yet?

bluemoon

thanks so much guys, i have been hearing from many people that it is sometime around may, it definitely puts me at ease because im anxiously waiting a call from the hr rep.

bluemoon

yeah he still hasnt called me back, i called him about three weeks ago and he said "he was waiting for confirmation from the h.q. downstate." is that just b.s.? i mean i had the interview two months ago and he still hasnt hired me on. is it just a lost cause at this point? i want to be persistent and keep in contact, but i dont want to be a pain in the neck. what to do, what to do?

SouthCal

I wouldn't hold my breath for the "spring seasonal period". There really isn't much of one, unfortunately, and if there is one, it varies from building to building. In my building, there hasn't been a drastic enough increase in volume to warrant the extra help. I would keep touching base with the HR guy at least once a month through to October. They'll be gearing up for our Peak Season and looking for fresh blood.... er... helpers. Good luck. Don't give up if this is something you really want to do.