Hazmat handling

Poopsicle

Sup told me to return hazmat ( without papers) to guy who shipped it. Its an Amazon return. With UN3171 sticker on it. To an apartment. Don't think ups delivered it to the guy in the first place. What do I need to do?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Highly likely it's not a hazmat, lithium batteries can be shipped without papers, in certain quantities. If you are concerned ask DMP. You will see that UN marking often, but notice there is no other labeling.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sup told me to return hazmat ( without papers) to guy who shipped it. Its an Amazon return. With UN3171 sticker on it. To an apartment. Don't think ups delivered it to the guy in the first place. What do I need to do?
Light it on fire and smell the fumes. If you don’t pass out or develop boils on your skin, it’s an 85% chance it’s safe to eat.

DriverNerd

UN3171 is lithium batteries. Most small lithium batteries can be shipped without papers, but the sticker is still needed to alert anyone there is lithium batteries (to prevent it from being loaded into a passenger aircraft - many more restrictions with that).