Headache

P

pickup

I'm just a truck driver so what could I know but here are a few suggestions from a very close relative in the medical profession:
-force fluids (non alcoholic);
-try electrolyte drinks that DO NOT contain HFCS (high fructose corn syrup):
-stay away from the NSAIDS (tylenol, aspirin etc.);
-rest;
-force fluids (see any emphasis here?);
-find electrolyte powder that doesn't contain sodium mix with water;
-force fluid (tomato soup, chicken and rice, chicken and noodle) you get the idea.

BTW, I slept right through the new year arrival. I will be at the gym this afternoon, anyone want to go?

did I say force fluids?

I have another trick: try not drinking alcoholic beverages at all. Just an idea.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Coffeyville, Kansas, specifically a spot just north of Coffeyville Country Club, is the default center starting point of Google Maps, being the accidental center point of the default starting map being displayed, which shows the 48 contiguous United States.[1]

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No headache here, as usual we stayed home on New Year's Eve. For once there was no champagne, we toasted the new year with sparkling apple cider. Her idea, not mine. I actually nodded off with my notebook in my lap while we watched The Three Stooges marathon on AMC. Come to think of it, we actually missed the countdown at midnight. Mr. Excitement here is trying to make up for it with some barley pops right now.:party:

trickpony1

DISCLAIMER:
Before anyone misunderstands what I said and drinks a 55 gal drum of water over a short period of time, "force fluids" means drink just a little more than you normally would.

Yeah, I know.....it means you'll have to get up off the recliner and go to the bathroom more than normal.

"Moderation" is the key. Drinking too much water can result in "water intoxication" and death as other members have alluded to.

BTW, my visit to the gym went well, drank a 32 ounce bottle of reverse osmosis water with protein powder.

Happy (sober) New Year!

rod

Retired 22 years
Not a word from Rod, he is probably still in a coma:wink2:

I did take the wife out for a prime rib and lobster dinner New Years Eve-- but we were home by 9:30. She went to bed-I stayed up and had a half a dozen beers and watched the NY ball drop. (11:00 our time). At mid night the people who live across the river from me shot off a bunch of fireworks. It was really pretty in the 3 below winter sky. Tonight they say 24 below. I'm ready to head south.:wink2:

bluehdmc

Back in my drinking days, (sober 25yrs) a little hair of the dog would do the trick. Just don't get hammered all over again. Although doing that sort of thing can lead to alcohol addiction.

bluehdmc

Yes we are. I will have to take 3 weeks to do it.

Good for you! It helps if you do a lot of riding previous to your trip to get yourself in shape. A lot depends on the bike you're riding, although I had someone recently suggest "loud pipes" don't help. I don't understand what loud pipes have to do with a sore sadddle. Rode from NJ to Boise, ID a few years back, did it on a BMW K1200LT. I could do a 5-600 mile day on that bike. I'd be sore when I stopped but could get up and do it again the next day. If get sore at around 300 on my Road King.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Good for you! It helps if you do a lot of riding previous to your trip to get yourself in shape. A lot depends on the bike you're riding, although I had someone recently suggest "loud pipes" don't help. I don't understand what loud pipes have to do with a sore sadddle. Rode from NJ to Boise, ID a few years back, did it on a BMW K1200LT. I could do a 5-600 mile day on that bike. I'd be sore when I stopped but could get up and do it again the next day. If get sore at around 300 on my Road King.
We have 2 Dynas. Mine is a 99 Superglide. It is a very comfortable bike to ride. We went to Co earlier this year and put on 1800 miles in a week. Most of it was easy riding. The last 2 days home were the longest. I was tired but never sore. :happy2: