Heating gas leak in building

Codanki

Whole building smells like propane, even walking in from the parking lot. Im sensitive to smells like that but im getting a headache some nights i assume is from that. Asking around other people can smell it too but no one seems to be worried about it. Is this normal from the heating being on? Do you smell propane/natrual gas in your building?

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
If youre concerned bring it up to the Building Manager or you Center Manager. If they dont take it seriously and at least investigate, then make an anonymous call to your local fire dept. And express your concern of a gas leak. Problem will be solved.

Johney

Don’t worry in 30 years they’ll be a class action lawsuit asking if you worked at said building. Just hang in there it’ll work out down the road. Just ask all the Marines who served at camp LaJune.

charm299

Whole building smells like propane, even walking in from the parking lot. Im sensitive to smells like that but im getting a headache some nights i assume is from that. Asking around other people can smell it too but no one seems to be worried about it. Is this normal from the heating being on? Do you smell propane/natrual gas in your building?
Tell the preloaders the can’t smoke no weed in the building today

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
well it's not the propane that's getting to you. it's the tracer gas. propane is odorless and non reactive with any tissues or membranes in your lungs or airway, the only way it can hurt you is if it's displacing oxygen to such a degree that you're asphyxiating. and surely other people would be too if the concentration was high enough in the building to get to you. the tracer gas is toxic in high concentrations, but higher than it would be if the gas line was just straight open. what's probably happening is that the odor is just causing a psychosomatic response. that isn't to say your the response isn't real, just that you're not in any real danger of poisoning. but then again they put the tracer gas in with the fuel because it's highly flammable.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Still cold inside, it gets well below freezing over the winter around here. Not so nice worrying about brain damage from breathing propane all night
Safety concern. Tell your co chair, have them write it up. Start the paper trail. It'll get investigated.

Codanki

Talked to a few sups, came in today, no smell, and its so much hotter now, kind of too hot on the south side where the heater is. Curious if they had it cranked not knowing it was leaking before or something

Big Babooba

I was smelling gas for years and told people about it. It was never near heating equipment. Sometimes it was outside of the building near the meters. A couple of months ago the gas was shut off. Over 30 leaks were found in the building!

Commercial Inside Release

If you shut off the water, it doesn't take long for the traps to dry out, and sewer gas infiltrates.

Gas leak is definitely possible, and par for UPS stupidity. Did you check the gas bags in the office? Maybe an explosive level of natural gas is UPS's new safety initiative.