Healthcare Costs - A major concern 23 years PRIOR to ObamaCare

Atomic_Smurf

if I have to settle for less of a health insurance plan so those less fortunate then me will be able to see a doctor for their medical needs, then so be it. I support Obama care.
How compassionate of you. We should forfeit a larger portion of our pay as well. Every less fortunate person deserves an iPhone. Either the union leads the way in pay & benefits or we lose the appeal for others to join the union. This will only make organizing more difficult & our unions weaker. Hoffa isn't smart enough to understand this.

Justaname

How compassionate of you. We should forfeit a larger portion of our pay as well. Every less fortunate person deserves an iPhone. Either the union leads the way in pay & benefits or we lose the appeal for others to join the union. This will only make organizing more difficult & our unions weaker. Hoffa isn't smart enough to understand this.
Thanks! I am compassionate. You're theory on everyone having an iPhone is rather retarded, but those with serious health conditions being denied life is rather retarded to.

blue efficacy

Dr also have student loans that are often more than any of us will. Ever pay for a house. They deserve to make plenty of money and your everyday physician really doesn't make all that much.

The problem with obamacare is the same as the problem we have right now. Those that have pay a premium for those that don't have.
Median MD salary full time is over 200K, I don't consider that not making all that much.
Part of the health care cost crisis is due to the fact that physicians make way more money in the US than anywhere else in the world and it isn't close. You have a lot of greedy foreign doctors who turn their backs on their own countries, their own cities where they grew up, etc because they would rather be filthy rich here than live very well in their homeland.

Atomic_Smurf

Thanks! I am compassionate. You're theory on everyone having an iPhone is rather retarded, but those with serious health conditions being denied life is rather retarded to.
Seems that the only way some liberals can be charitable is for the government to confiscate a portion of their benefits for redistribution. There is no virtue in your loss. The people who are going to be denied healthcare under the new law are the people that work for it, earn it & are having it downgraded now, as a result of Obamacare. Working families are going to do with less, pat yourself on the back for that.

Atomic_Smurf

Median MD salary full time is over 200K, I don't consider that not making all that much.
Part of the health care cost crisis is due to the fact that physicians make way more money in the US than anywhere else in the world and it isn't close. You have a lot of greedy foreign doctors who turn their backs on their own countries, their own cities where they grew up, etc because they would rather be filthy rich here than live very well in their homeland.

Teamsters make way more money in the U.S. than other parts of the world as well. Greedy greedy greedy. I'd be willing to bet that you are even in the top 1% of income earners in the world. Greedy, filthy rich, greedy.

804brown

Are you kidding me?? We have been rationing health care in this country for decades to poor people and others who dont have insurance or when doctors in some areas refuse to accept their insurance. Even some doctors are refusing medicare patients because they say reimbursements are "too low".

"One reason is that health care rationing in the United States is almost never called by that name. The word "rationing" evokes the difficult days of World War II, when the government controlled the distribution of necessities such as food and gasoline. Wartime rationing was understood as a necessary and shared sacrifice as the country united behind the war effort. But the term has taken on more negative connotations in the decades since. Now, rationing makes Americans think of shortages, waiting lists, and long lines."
Health Care Rationing Is Nothing New [Excerpt]: Scientific American

thedownhillEXPRESS

Seems that the only way some liberals can be charitable is for the government to confiscate a portion of their benefits for redistribution. There is no virtue in your loss. The people who are going to be denied healthcare under the new law are the people that work for it, earn it & are having it downgraded now, as a result of Obamacare. Working families are going to do with less, pat yourself on the back for that.

Does your life revolve around anything else other than making up stories about Obamacare?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I agree and that system would make it illegal for a company or union to provide healthcare.

I've posted several times that I have no problem with national healthcare but Obamacare does not provide that.
That is the biggest failure of Obamacare.

Very surprised that I agree wholeheartedly with a (no offense) former corporate drone out of Atlanta.

Blaming UPS' 30/60/90 proposal on Obamacare is a steaming heap of bull**** - rising premiums happen because we have a for-profit health industry in this country. Some things simply should not be profit driven - health care and education chief amongst them.

That being said, Obamacare did some good things - namely eliminating pre-existing condition clauses in insurance plans, ending the practice of "maxing out" insurance, and preventing insurance companies from booting people from coverage when they get sick. Stripping someone of their coverage because they fall ill after paying their premiums for decades was one of the most vile aspects of the American insurance experience I've ever come across. It makes "good business sense" but is morally reprehensible, which is exactly why health coverage should not be for-profit.

However, establishing a personal mandate that requires insurance WITHOUT providing price controls was asinine. And the "30 hour rule" that requires companies to offer insurance to employees working at least 30 hours a week is easily circumvented and has led to a net cut in hours/compensation from workers that can afford it the least.

island1fox

just,

The sad part that you do not see or care to see is the government --with our tax dollars are doling out iphones.
There are poor people there always will be. There are growing numbers of people that are just plain lazy and are gaming the system.

The more you give up or are taxed --the more freebies they get.

wkmac

This great debate of how to go forward with healthcare has been going on even longer than 23 years as it can be found as issue in the corridors of power over 40 years go. I've posted this elsewhere before, thought I'd do so again since it was germane to this topic of discussion.

Justaname

just,

The sad part that you do not see or care to see is the government --with our tax dollars are doling out iphones.
There are poor people there always will be. There are growing numbers of people that are just plain lazy and are gaming the system.

i agree, the government does a horrible job at screening for the freeloaders. I'm willing to still bet obamacare does more good than evil.

island1fox

Sure has put a real damper on the recovery and the creation of jobs. The millions out of work who WANT to work already know the evil of Obamacare is real and present danger.

A sad note --a very old lady in a safeway was voicing her opinion--she was obviously on Medicare ---she could not believe that Obamacare was not providing her with better, more coverage and cheaper medicare gap insurance. Her question --When will Obamacare kick in ??

Answer--it already has --Medicare has already been cut and will face more cuts when Obama finally puts out HIS budget.

Seniors --and all of us will be there some day ---Have been screwed by the AARP --who is charging way more for medicare gap coverage and by Obama .

island1fox

UPS people are concerned with the contract negotiations and the rising cost of Heathcare --driven higher and at faster rates with Obamacare mandates and cadillac taxes.

All companies are looking to REDUCE the number of employees , Reduce HOURS or just drop heatlth care completely ----seems like a lot of evil -----why ??

Because people do not take PERSONAL RESPOSIBILITY for themselves. Education, work -career --budget --and work for or purchase YOUR OWN Healthcare instead of looking at we the people --to pay for our healthcare --and pay for yours .

blue efficacy

Teamsters make way more money in the U.S. than other parts of the world as well. Greedy greedy greedy. I'd be willing to bet that you are even in the top 1% of income earners in the world. Greedy, filthy rich, greedy.

How can you even compare my meager middle class salary that I make in the city I was born to a foreign DR who lets his own people be underserved medically so he can live like a KING instead of living like mere nobility in his home country? Nice attempt at a strawman.

blue efficacy

UPS people are concerned with the contract negotiations and the rising cost of Heathcare --driven higher and at faster rates with Obamacare mandates and cadillac taxes.

All companies are looking to REDUCE the number of employees , Reduce HOURS or just drop heatlth care completely ----seems like a lot of evil -----why ??

Because people do not take PERSONAL RESPOSIBILITY for themselves. Education, work -career --budget --and work for or purchase YOUR OWN Healthcare instead of looking at we the people --to pay for our healthcare --and pay for yours .
A civilized society does not require somebody to take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for the fact they got dealt a bad hand and came down with cancer, or any other number of costly conditions.
We should all take personal responsibility for our safety, right? We don't need to pay for a police force. Who cares if people get raped and murdered? They should have invested in a bodyguard :happy-very:

blue efficacy

just,

Ignorance. If you look at unemployment statistics, when times are good, the unemployed are quite small in number. People generally want to work, if they can. There are a few who will always abuse the system, yes. But they generally have mental problems.
Poor people are not poor because they are any lazier than us. They were raised by people who were likely also poor, therefore they don't have little bits of knowledge we take for granted on how to be successful in life.
But it sure makes you feel better to think that the nameless, faceless person you would rather see die an early death than have adequate health care is a lazy leech who somehow deserves their fate for not wanting to work and playing with their box of free Iphones, doesn't it?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
But if it sure makes you feel better to think that the nameless, faceless person you would rather see die an early death than have adequate health care is a lazy leech who somehow deserves their fate for not wanting to work and playing with their box of free Iphones, ...

I feel better already!