Healthcare when you Strike?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You’re complaining about a deductible? Wow, We have fantastic FREE insurance, it’s mind boggling how out of touch with reality some of you are. Feel free to price insurance for yourself.

Never had a deductible, remember. I was voted into Teamcare by others last contract through no action of my own.

Teamcare was pitched as mirroring my existing plan.

I have gone on record as saying Teamcare is good, just not as good as I had.

So if Teamcare is so flush with money, you're damn right I'm going to complain about a deductible.

Trailer monkey

Thanks Captain obvious. Can you be helpful just find out how much COBRA is a week for you and you family? Thanks.
The union is now running the healthcare plans. It would be suicide for them not to cover members for a week or two if there was a strike.

It is absolutely disgusting what is happening at high levels of the union right now.
The union does not run the plans, they are jointly administered by trustees appointed by the union and the participating employers, same as the pension funds

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Teamcare benefits will not cover you after you are off more than a week. Talk to you locals and ask this question. Don’t shoot the messenger, ask the hard questions. I can’t tell you what you want to hear I will just tell you what will happen.
Once again Tony mutha Clucking Q!!!!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Here are some truths...In my 41 + years me and my family have always had health care through the company and recently through the union. Even during the strike the company had enough sense to cover their striking employees. It was two weeks long, everybody during that time understood that it would not last more than two weeks, it was affecting the economy that much back in l997. Team Care has enough reserves to claim that they will cover us if a strike occurs, even if it doesn't everybody should plan ahead and look into other options. Most working married couples have two options for coverages, common sense would indicate that your chances of being hit by a bus during a strike are very, very slim. Any part timer under the age of 26 will be covered under their working parents plans, most are doing that anyway.

At least the ones pushing this fear factor of health coverages will have practice with their second jobs as life insurance agents.."What If"...

Mugarolla brought up a good point, recently my wife had to go through a major medical problem and it did end up costing me over 1,200 this year because of the co-pays and deductibles. It is good insurance that we have but far from great, there is room for improvements.

Most of us members have been concentrating on the 22.4s and Pension issues with this contract, but try to remember back to the 2013 one. What was the major issue? Question would be under this tentative will be there be any improvements on our Health and Welfare package benefits. If there are please inform us all, maybe I am missing something..

ski or die

Ski or Die
Maybe Bernie Sanders has a good idea. Medicare for everyone. I am retired and on Medicare. I had a hip replacement and the total cost was $92,000. My share was $20.00. My deductible is $183 per year which I had already met. Can't wait until my wife is old enough for Medicare and gets off what UPS offers.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well just think what it would of cost ya if you didn’t have it.

$0 if I was not forced into Teamcare by all these same people who are now supposedly looking out for the unborn and trying to protect them from a lower paying 22.4 job.

They voted me right into an inferior health plan.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Take Motrin over the counter. Thats their magic pill, anyways. Save you waiting time and co- pay. For us its like using Vicks VapoRup for any ailment.

Trailer monkey

Thanks Captain obvious. Can you be helpful just find out how much COBRA is a week for you and you family? Thanks.
I don't know how much, likely at least $300 a week, everyone should consider this potential cost in their emergency fund. My brother recently went on permanent disability and had a two month gap between being separated from employment and getting on Medicaid or Medicare, whichever he in on. His COBRA was $850 a month (not UPS)

SoCalUPS

This thread is ridiculous, why would a Union brother try to scare others about voting by saying that their healthcare will be cut. Why is this even a topic of discussion? This is the most divided that I have ever seen the membership. Why not negotiate a contract that would be a unanimous yes? The way the IBT is pushing a yes is disgusting. If this thing passes, I expect a lot of members dropping the Union in right to work States.

Trailer monkey

This thread is ridiculous, why would a Union brother try to scare others about voting by saying that their healthcare will be cut. Why is this even a topic of discussion? This is the most divided that I have ever seen the membership. Why not negotiate a contract that would be a unanimous yes? The way the IBT is pushing a yes is disgusting. If this thing passes, I expect a lot of members dropping the Union in right to work States.
Such an arrogant selfish act would be giving the company exactly what they want. I hate this contract as much as anyone but I will never drop out of the union and anyone who does needs to quit and go to work at McDonalds, I'm sure they pay $30 an hour with full benefits​