Healthcare when you Strike?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Funny you think UPS would wait on this contract before investing in their business.

babboo, you do realize my original point was to rebut tony q's post about ups being ok with a strike and downsizing the company in the event of one? going into a contract year while spending a fortune investing in the business for volume growth does not lead one to believe that they have an ulterior motive of downsizing in the event of a no vote and strike

babboo25

Banned
babboo, you do realize my original point was to rebut tony q's post about ups being ok with a strike and downsizing the company in the event of one? going into a contract year while spending a fortune investing in the business for volume growth does not lead one to believe that they have an ulterior motive of downsizing in the event of a no vote and strike
Well a lot of that was from the tax break so it’s basically free money.

over9five

Staff member
The National Grid lockout is coming up on 2 months now. They all lost their healthcare for themselves and their families.
Especially with children, things happen, it gets expensive real fast.
Broken arm playing outside... Your appendix explodes with no warning... Spouse takes a tumble down the stairs with the laundry..
That stuff aint cheap.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The National Grid lockout is coming up on 2 months now. They all lost their healthcare for themselves and their families.
Especially with children, things happen, it gets expensive real fast.
Broken arm playing outside... Your appendix explodes with no warning... Spouse takes a tumble down the stairs with the laundry..
That stuff aint cheap.
Some fights are easy, some fights are difficult. Most good things don’t come easy.

Tony Q

Il just tell you what you all want to hear. Teamcare will cover you in the event of a strike. I can tell you how long it will be but don't want to ruin your day so it will be all fine. Don't worry about it.

Tony Q

Didn’t have heath insurance at all from 2008-2016. You really think a week or two scares me? I am in good health and I guess that’s a risk I’m willing to take.
Obviously you have a lot of seniority in at UPS, so when we strike I'm sure when you come back to work you will work, no problem.

LagunaBrown

You guys realize I made the post so each area could post if they are coverd or not. It was made for members information not meant to be a debate on opinions. Can some just call TeamCare and ask if they are covered past a week?

The main question are:
What’s your Healthcare plan?
Are you covered if we strike?
How long?
How much is COBRA?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You guys realize I made the post so each area could post if they are coverd or not. It was made for members information not meant to be a debate on opinions. Can some just call TeamCare and ask if they are covered past a week?

The main question are:
How long?
How much is COBRA?
You realize there won't be a strike so your question is pointless?

Everyone can see you're just trying to scare people into voting yes. Give it up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
14.5 billion is a big lie. You won’t give line by line what adds up to 14.5 billion because we all know much of that 14.5 billion is company “gets”. Dues paying members that vote are not getting something from the increased starting rate, that is a company necessity based on the market conditions. Put that raise into existing part timers and you can have it as part of the 14.5 billion. We aren’t stupid like you and DT and just spit out numbers the company feeds you. You want it to pass the second time, I suggest doing more for existing members that are actually able to vote.
Even if it is 14.5 billion it is not as crazy big number as it sounds.

The company is likely looking at about 50-60 billion in increased revenue over the life of the contract.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
ezgif-5-a362703b4e.gif

Nimnim

The Nim

The main question are:
How long?
How much is COBRA?

You realize there won't be a strike so your question is pointless?

Everyone can see you're just trying to scare people into voting yes. Give it up.

You can’t guarantee that so STFU. Stop trying to keep members in the dark.

With how much the IBT leadership is pushing a yes vote you'd think they'd also be spreading that a no vote could result in a strike and a loss of insurance during it. Since they're not doing that I'd wager they're either scared it would doom them the next election or it's not true which to me either option is good.

There won't be a strike if the 1st vote is no, there may not be a better proposal for the 2nd, but to strike after the 1st while the IBT is pushing a yes is insane. You could expect a possible strike if the IBT was out there saying this isn't a good proposal and we want better but they're not.

LagunaBrown

With how much the IBT leadership is pushing a yes vote you'd think they'd also be spreading that a no vote could result in a strike and a loss of insurance during it. Since they're not doing that I'd wager they're either scared it would doom them the next election or it's not true which to me either option is good.

There won't be a strike if the 1st vote is no, there may not be a better proposal for the 2nd, but to strike after the 1st while the IBT is pushing a yes is insane. You could expect a possible strike if the IBT was out there saying this isn't a good proposal and we want better but they're not.
I have said all the scenarios. Just know them.