Heartbreaking.

bigbrownhen

Monday my son called saying that a friend of his was killed in a car accident. She was only 19.

Being from a small town, I grew up with her parents, aunts, uncles, and have known both sides of her family all my life. I watched this young lady grow up with my boys.

The last few days were spent at services and reflecting on her life and how heartbroken we all are at her loss. It is especially hard for the young adults in the area because this is the second classmate lost, a young man lost his life last month in another car accident.

To make it short, the young lady was out with friends late, not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the crash. The driver has been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

So many choices the young ones made could have saved her life. This is such a common story in the news across the country. It happens way too often. I know it could have been me back in my younger days, but by the grace of God, I always made it home. Many of my age group at the services had this conversation, it could have easily have been one of us at one time or another.

I am still emotional from the past few days. Just love your kids everyday. Talk to them about the choices they make and the consequences of those choices. It has just been heartbreaking.....

DS

Fenderbender
Thats hard to take bbh, If kids would listen and realize that all our talk about safety when in a car,is not just preaching.
alll too often,the only way they learn is by having an accident,and in this case,we have a young girl that lost her life
and a young man that wishes he could go back in time.He will not ever forget what he did,but the chances are,he
will be a be a much better driver from now on.So sorry hen....maybe your son learned something from this as well.
In my thoughts

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Monday my son called saying that a friend of his was killed in a car accident. She was only 19.

Being from a small town, I grew up with her parents, aunts, uncles, and have known both sides of her family all my life. I watched this young lady grow up with my boys.

The last few days were spent at services and reflecting on her life and how heartbroken we all are at her loss. It is especially hard for the young adults in the area because this is the second classmate lost, a young man lost his life last month in another car accident.

To make it short, the young lady was out with friends late, not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the crash. The driver has been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

So many choices the young ones made could have saved her life. This is such a common story in the news across the country. It happens way too often. I know it could have been me back in my younger days, but by the grace of God, I always made it home. Many of my age group at the services had this conversation, it could have easily have been one of us at one time or another.

I am still emotional from the past few days. Just love your kids everyday. Talk to them about the choices they make and the consequences of those choices. It has just been heartbreaking.....

If you can express it in one word, that is it ... heartbreaking!

bigbrownhen

It has been tough to take. I hope and pray that this loss will make someone else be more careful. Thank you all for your condolences. This just makes you want to hug your kids even harder.