Help filing grievance. Never filed before.

542thruNthru

What is the timeframe to file? I may have misunderstood the contract but from what I read it’s 5 days. Is that correct, if so all of the above is null and void because it’s been longer then that. I’ve just been holding onto them for about a month and a half just to see what else they would do and file them all at once.

The grievance shall be discussed with the employee’s immediate supervisor or with the aggrieved employee and his/her shop stew- ard. If the grievance is not resolved within one (1) working day;
It shall be the responsibility of the employee to reduce the griev- ance to writing on the regular grievance form provided by the union and have it submitted to the company within five (5) working days.
Upon proper notification by the Employer to discipline an employ- ee, the employee shall have ten (10) calendar days to file a griev- ance in protest of the discipline taken.
If the parties fail to reach a decision or agree upon a settlement in the matter, it shall be submitted to the State Committee or UPS Joint Area Committee, whichever is applicable, and docketed in accordance with established panel rules and procedures.

Well lesson learned. File when it happens and don't just hold on to them.