help me drop weight please

backinbrown

respect my authority
lol i was a grunt in the 10th mountain division us army

and you at 6 3 220 you probly look fit
i on the other hand am short fat and squatty

balding and to top it off god saw fit to make me short in other areas as well why does he pick on me. jk

backinbrown

respect my authority
As others have said you must use diet and exercise combined. I lost a significant amount
using the treadmill and elliptical trainer without any lifting. Check with your doctor before
you begin a serious workout regimen. Also walking for 45 minutes after dinner made a big impact.

i walk 3 mile on treadmill 20 min miles

and do 20 mins on bike at gym.

guess i am just getting frustrated because i am going back to work soon and i am bigger than when i left in sept. i can hear the abuse now wich motivates me

as far as diet i watch what i eat

i measure what i eat i just don't see the results

my belly looked like i beleive over 9.5's pic with beer on belly now it has dropped lower less towards chest more towards knees lol

but i have noticed that when i look in mirror that even though i am still fat it looks like my stomach has dropped like my wifes when she gave birth, why?

sano

my belly looked like i beleive over 9.5's pic with beer on belly now it has dropped lower less towards chest more towards knees lol

but i have noticed that when i look in mirror that even though i am still fat it looks like my stomach has dropped like my wifes when she gave birth, why?

My guess would be that you are losing fat and gaining muscle. Keep it up.
Here is a link to a board I got some good information from. www.johnstonefitness.com. Possibly John has taken it further than I would want to, but it is an interesting site.

Red Dawn

walk to subway! :) join a gym use the pool. swimming is easy on joints and burns a lot of cal. Yugo good work out and can help with stress and flexibility. Its going to be hard and long. NEVER QUIT change routine as much as possible. when its nice out side do some thing out side. Take pics. will help you really see the change. far as the food..their is a ton of food out their that you can make that does taste good and is healthy also.Trust, me i eat fast food ALOT! made a turkey burger that rocks. I'm no cook but like to try new thing every now and then. Find yourself a goal. not just a number to reach. how about enter into a sprint triathlon.(shorter than a full one) You could enter as a team with your boys. You swim and let one of them run and the other bike. well good luck and don't stop! Nothing worth having every came easy!

or you could just stay home and smoke crack! lol don't see and fat crack-heads!

upsdude

I can relate to weight gain while out due to an injury. Mine (workers comp) had me out for nearly 2 years and +45 lbs. The weight came right off when I returned to work, probably took about 45 days. My return was in July, which helped a bunch.

I quit smoking a year ago and have gained 20 lbs. Now I’m right at 230, which isn’t too bad on my 6’2” frame. I plan on working towards making that 20 go away, just need to take the time and plan my meals a little better. The older I get (52) harder it is to lose weight.

Suggestion……..

I don’t know the type of injury you have but if you can, start walking a couple miles a day NOW!

Walking walking and walking before I returned to work made a huge difference in my stamina the first few days back to work.

A

anonymous6

3 pounds is not too bad for 2 weeks. drink lots of water. no soda. even diet soda is worse than regular. soda makes you retain water.

drink lots of water to flush out body of toxins and helps create lubricating fluids for your joints.

if your sick of carrots and other foods now, you are doomed to fail in the long run.

You need to make permanent lifestyle changes with your diet and exercises,. you have to find good foods that you like and exercises that you like to do regardless of your weight.

I had the same problem several years ago. i ate nothing but apples for three days and lost a quick 10 pounds. Pectin in apples flushes your body out of toxins and excess water. Then I ate a lot of fruit and veggies, fish, raisan bran and other good foods.

No sweets, white bread, flour products, soda, alcohol or anything bad. I went thru hell for only 3 days and then all the bad cravings stopped.

For exercise I swam and walked fast. I lost about 45 pounds in 6 months, averaging 2 pounds a week which is what the experts say is just about right.

But before you do anything, you gotta see a doctor and get a checkup and let him or her know what you are trying to do.

OP

backinbrown

respect my authority
I can relate to weight gain while out due to an injury. Mine (workers comp) had me out for nearly 2 years and +45 lbs. The weight came right off when I returned to work, probably took about 45 days. My return was in July, which helped a bunch.

I quit smoking a year ago and have gained 20 lbs. Now I’m right at 230, which isn’t too bad on my 6’2” frame. I plan on working towards making that 20 go away, just need to take the time and plan my meals a little better. The older I get (52) harder it is to lose weight.

Suggestion……..

I don’t know the type of injury you have but if you can, start walking a couple miles a day NOW!

Walking walking and walking before I returned to work made a huge difference in my stamina the first few days back to work.

Thank you i am doing 20 min miles for an hour pretty fast for my size i hope, lol

and that is why i am doing it i am hoping to drop weight but am trying to build my "fast paced" walk stamina back, i find that i am able to walk fast but when i am home and i try to walk and carry something heavy i lose stamina fast real fast.

I attribute this to the two packs a day, and people believe me i have never wanted to quit smoking more than i do rite now, i can give you my excuses but then i would hear the truth from all of you and it would be appreciated tough love whatever you want to call it is needed, but quitting is not easy i have failed 2 -3 times and will try again.

one problem is our insurance wont cover chantixx i would like tot try that.

anyway i am at this time trying to lose weight then will work on butts.:happy2:

A

anonymous6

also I should of mentioned that if you are weight training you are gaining muscle which is heavier than fat and muscle increases your metabolism which is a big plus in the long run.

don't get discouraged. most people do bc they weight train, gain muscle, and the weight loss in minimal in the beginning.

But, in the long run you will see positive changes. With new muscle, you will burn more calories every day, even when you are sleeping. New eating habits will benefit you too in the long run.

just give it time.

backinbrown

respect my authority
3 pounds is not too bad for 2 weeks. drink lots of water. no soda. even diet soda is worse than regular. soda makes you retain water.

drink lots of water to flush out body of toxins and helps create lubricating fluids for your joints.

if your sick of carrots and other foods now, you are doomed to fail in the long run.

You need to make permanent lifestyle changes with your diet and exercises,. you have to find good foods that you like and exercises that you like to do regardless of your weight.

I had the same problem several years ago. i ate nothing but apples for three days and lost a quick 10 pounds. Pectin in apples flushes your body out of toxins and excess water. Then I ate a lot of fruit and veggies, fish, raisan bran and other good foods.

No sweets, white bread, flour products, soda, alcohol or anything bad. I went thru hell for only 3 days and then all the bad cravings stopped.

For exercise I swam and walked fast. I lost about 45 pounds in 6 months, averaging 2 pounds a week which is what the experts say is just about right.

But before you do anything, you gotta see a doctor and get a checkup and let him or her know what you are trying to do.

OP

Thank you

i do drink alot of diet pepsi

I have discussed with doctor they are worried ill get diabities next Just my luck:sad-very:

Just today switched to wheat bread from white bread.

i will stick to veggies and fruits but it is hard i can eat a half bag of carrots watching t.v.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Thanks to all that are offering me advice i do appreciate it.

This is what makes B/C so good people willing to give their advice and life experiences that could be similar to what we are going through

Thank you

Ms.PacMan

Ask your doctor if you can take Plaquenil for the RA. You may (will probably) be able to lower your dose of Prednisone after the Plaquenil kicks in.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Ask your doctor if you can take Plaquenil for the RA. You may (will probably) be able to lower your dose of Prednisone after the Plaquenil kicks in.

Ms. Pac

I take Plaquenil also

I take prednisone, plaquenil, methotrexate, meloxicam all for R.A.

And yes all reported to D.O.T. and ok'd.:happy-very:

bluehdmc

I can give you a suggestion on the smoking. Hypnosis worked for me, I tried the group thing in a hotel room once that worked for about 1/2 a day. Then years later I went to someone that did hypnotherapy, not cheap, but with the price of cigarettes today the payback would be quicker (at least in NJ @$5-6 a pack). A friend also gave me a copy of a book written by someone who founded something called "Smokenders" which was a 6 week (if I recall) smoking cessation program. There were numerous suggestions in the book, like taking an inventory of when you smoked, ie: the eye-opener, that 1st one in the am with a cup of coffee, the "after dinner cigarette", the "after I have this cigarette, I'll take out the garbage, whatever". I found I ended up with a lot of free time on my hands when I first stopped smoking. I've spoken to some other people that also do hypnotherapy and they say at least 3 or more visits. The can also give you some suggestions on dieting.
Don't laugh too hard. I tried quitting smoking numerous times, used tapes, etc, etc. I haven't had a cigarette in about 15yrs now. Occasionally will smell one and either be disgusted or think about trying one, but I know better. I breathe much better, no smelly clothes, cars, house, etc. You won't subject your kids to second hand smoke, etc. Good luck.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I can give you a suggestion on the smoking. Hypnosis worked for me, I tried the group thing in a hotel room once that worked for about 1/2 a day. Then years later I went to someone that did hypnotherapy, not cheap, but with the price of cigarettes today the payback would be quicker (at least in NJ @$5-6 a pack). A friend also gave me a copy of a book written by someone who founded something called "Smokenders" which was a 6 week (if I recall) smoking cessation program. There were numerous suggestions in the book, like taking an inventory of when you smoked, ie: the eye-opener, that 1st one in the am with a cup of coffee, the "after dinner cigarette", the "after I have this cigarette, I'll take out the garbage, whatever". I found I ended up with a lot of free time on my hands when I first stopped smoking. I've spoken to some other people that also do hypnotherapy and they say at least 3 or more visits. The can also give you some suggestions on dieting.
Don't laugh too hard. I tried quitting smoking numerous times, used tapes, etc, etc. I haven't had a cigarette in about 15yrs now. Occasionally will smell one and either be disgusted or think about trying one, but I know better. I breathe much better, no smelly clothes, cars, house, etc. You won't subject your kids to second hand smoke, etc. Good luck.

I looked it up online and want to try that also for smoking i have heard it works

Money tight now but have considered this

P

pickup

the best thing i can tell you is to drink alot of water and completely cut out pop and fast food

Ahh, but what kind of water?, considering the rheumatoid arthritis. Back in brown, google flouride and rheumatoid arthritis and see what has been written about this link. Still interested after, then know that aquafina and dasani come from municipal water sources and if these municipalities add flouride to the water then it is in that bottled water as I don't believe their filtration processes grab the flouride. Poland Spring on the other hand , I believe does come from the ground. Although , I think on occassion, they pull from other sources as well.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Ahh, but what kind of water?, considering the rheumatoid arthritis. Back in brown, google flouride and rheumatoid arthritis and see what has been written about this link. Still interested after, then know that aquafina and dasani come from municipal water sources and if these municipalities add flouride to the water then it is in that bottled water as I don't believe their filtration processes grab the flouride. Poland Spring on the other hand , I believe does come from the ground. Although , I think on occassion, they pull from other sources as well.

Thanks i will look it up,

i drink poland spring i grew up on well water not city water with the good for you stuff in it.

I can't stand the smell is it bad for R.A. ?