Help! New to UPS and my feet are blistering

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i'm vacationing in Big Sur right now. i hurt my big toe when i slipped on some rocks. not sure if i can drive home tomorrow.......wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

watdaflock?

I tried giving up, educating the ignorant on footwear.
Here we go again....

Blisters are caused by friction, which means improper fitting shoes.
Try wearing an extra pair of socks or add an insert so you can tighten up the laces, so your foot does not move around. Get your foot snug in the insole and try loosening up the laces towards the top of the boot where rubbing and leaving the sore spots.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
sea monster 1.jpg

TLady

So, I know that everyone here was terribly concerned about my oozing sores (lol), but I took a lot of suggestions from here; getting low top boots, using thick socks and wrapping up in gauze, and I'm happy to say that I'm able to work again and the sores are no longer oozing :)

Thank you for the helpful suggestions and the funny comments to boot! Maybe one day I'll be able to shave again … lol!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
lol ^^

Peak 2011 I worked 14 hours in newer boots, my feet were never so torn up. Blood everywhere, a mess. These were not "new" boots, infact I wore them all week @ 8-12 hours. The difference was that I delievered 80 stops in a rural, very hilly area that Thursday, as an emergency FT air driver. I have never climbed so many damn hills and had my legs hurt so much, nevermind feet. the boots were broken in but, on that day, NOT for that terrain and duration.

Wrapped feet, lots of nsaid and wore old boots next day. ;)

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, I know that everyone here was terribly concerned about my oozing sores (lol), but I took a lot of suggestions from here; getting low top boots, using thick socks and wrapping up in gauze, and I'm happy to say that I'm able to work again and the sores are no longer oozing :)

Thank you for the helpful suggestions and the funny comments to boot! Maybe one day I'll be able to shave again … lol!
Oh please....i'm nauseous again.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.

I'm just glad you found a solution that works.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

that's great news. hope you stay around the cafe here. we need more gals here to stick it to the guys.