Help! Package Delivery Questions

Hamor

Hello. I am currently going through the hiring process for becoming a Full-time Combination Driver from tuesday to Saturday and I am seeking some answers:

1) I was told I would work from around 9am to 5pm Daily. Is this true or will I be forced to work longer?

2)Will I have to bid my way back into the hub? (unloader, loader, irreg worker)

3)My training is for 5 days(3 days virtual). Is this the entirety of the training process?

4) I am apart of the union and I believe we are allowed 30 days to try a new job. When does my 30 day trial period start?

542thruNthru

Hello. I am currently going through the hiring process for becoming a Full-time Combination Driver from tuesday to Saturday and I am seeking some answers:

1) I was told I would work from around 9am to 5pm Daily. Is this true or will I be forced to work longer?
You can be forced to work up to 14 hours including your lunch and breaks.
2)Will I have to bid my way back into the hub? (unloader, loader, irreg worker).
No, once you go full-time you will not be able to go back to PT unless for some medical reason.
3)My training is for 5 days(3 days virtual). Is this the entirety of the training process?
You'll also have a sup ride with you for 3 days. After that you're on your own and expected to get better through out your 30 day qualification.
4) I am apart of the union and I believe we are allowed 30 days to try a new job. When does my 30 day trial period start?
Your 30 days starts the day the sup rides with you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You can be forced to work up to 14 hours including your lunch and breaks.

No, once you go full-time you will not be able to go back to PT unless for some medical reason.

You'll also have a sup ride with you for 3 days. After that you're on your own and expected to get better through out your 30 day qualification.

Your 30 days starts the day the sup rides with you.
Did you tell him/her/them/they that said person won’t be working at all in the Bldg.. even though uncle Denis/ ups said that they would…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Depends where he's at. Some areas 22.4s are working in the building but yeah it's rare.
Did you hear what the company is trying to pull….they want to have 22.4’s being able to bid on actual vacant runs…so if you retire they put the run up for bid then a 22.4 should be able to move into rpcd spot. Brown wants to let 22.4 bid on m-fri runs…fk Denis really screwed the pooch on this language… Sean O’Brien is going to have an uphill battle to get all of this straight

542thruNthru

Did you hear what the company is trying to pull….they want to have 22.4’s being able to bid on actual vacant runs…so if you retire they put the run up for bid then a 22.4 should be able to move into rpcd spot. Brown wants to let 22.4 bid on m-fri runs…fk Denis really screwed the pooch on this language… Sean O’Brien is going to have an uphill battle to get all of this straight
I'm confused. So they want to let 22.4s bid a route that's Mon-Fri yet stay a 22.4?

This seems like a easy grievance that any local could file.

Article 22.4
The number of protected RPCD jobs in each building as outlined in this Article 22.4 (1) above, shall be guaranteed from replacement by 22.4 combination drivers or from any part-time drivers as allowed by any Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

In the event a protected RPCD position becomes available, it shall be filled in accordance with the Supplement, Rider or Addendum, provided, however that no RPCD position shall be filled by an outside hire unless the job remains unfilled after exhaustion of the applicable bidding procedure.

Also I'm sure your area has language on how routes are bid and I'm sure no 22.4 has enough seniority to win a route over a RPCD.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Poor kid comes onto this site to seek guidance and you rip him on his vocabulary. Go away, you’re NOT helping.
Hi fruitcake.

Glad you reached out to me.

Technically...

It wasn't vocabulary I helped him with.

But, I did help him him.

Now, I get to help you learn definitions.

See how helpful I am.

Follow me for more educational based helping.