Help with numbers!!?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I have seen them change the allowance numbers numerous times because drivers were coming in under-allowed.
It's weird how they do it. We have one guy in my center who comes in 250 under every single day. Yet nothing is done. But the guy in town, who hasn't made come in under in about 6 months gets his allowance shortened. I just do not get it. The amount of just bonus they pay out to that 250 under guy is probably a good 50% more than I make in a year. God bless him though. Making bank while playing the UPS game.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Lol it was split routes
As others said, they're management's numbers. The only time you should worry about their numbers is when you're trying to make seniority and they wouldn't be putting you on a garbage truck route (split/level route) if you were in your 30 days trying to make book.

That being said no one including management can tell you how long a split/level route should take you because the route is different all the time and there is a lot of driving involved getting from chunk to chunk that they won't factor in.

brostalss

I get paid to drive, not be an accountant. Only numbers I worry about are my starting and ending miles and did I enter them correctly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You're very right about that. I'm a person whose all about number. I like to beat time and numbers.

C50, How long you been doing this job? I'm sure you know the numbers are rigged like a carnival game in their favor. Think marathon my friend, not sprint. Sups come and go, but you only have one pair of legs, arms, etc, that have to last.

BrownTexas

It's weird how they do it. We have one guy in my center who comes in 250 under every single day. Yet nothing is done. But the guy in town, who hasn't made come in under in about 6 months gets his allowance shortened. I just do not get it. The amount of just bonus they pay out to that 250 under guy is probably a good 50% more than I make in a year. God bless him though. Making bank while playing the UPS game.
We have guys like this. They are also coming in early to groom their load, working through their break, running, and driving like a NASCAR racer.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The sooner you realize that their numbers are science fiction, the sooner you will work at a steady safe pace. You can have two virtually identical days but your time allowance can vary greatly. It seems as though they make it up as they go along.

BrownTexas

The sooner you realize that their numbers are science fiction, the sooner you will work at a steady safe pace. You can have two virtually identical days but your time allowance can vary greatly. It seems as though they make it up as they go along.
I'm not going to lie. It's nice to see some bonus pay on my check every now and then. But it usually just makes up for what they have shorted me. Lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You're very right about that. I'm a person whose all about number. I like to beat time and numbers.
Yeah keep worrying about the numbers Youngblood and trying to beat them, and they will keep sticking it up your cornhole everyday. Just bring your cherry lube with you everyday and youll be just fine and be retired in 10 years crippled, let us know how that works out for ya partner lol.

Chungy50

Yeah keep worrying about the numbers Youngblood and trying to beat them, and they will keep sticking it up your cornhole everyday. Just bring your cherry lube with you everyday and youll be just fine and be retired in 10 years crippled, let us know how that works out for ya partner lol.

Oh