Helper Payday

Brain Genocide

Being a helper and today is day 10 ( second week) I finally get my first paycheck. Looking here on the forum, and knowing what I put on my W2, I am expecting a huge cut from my pay. I wonder how many Helpers are going to walk today when they see that Union Duee fee pulled out for the month. It's going to make for an interesting day. At least next week my driver will hand over a better check. Oh yeah - I commited myself til the 24th - :warriorsmiley:

Here we lost 4 helpers for various reasons, 1 broken Pinkie, 1 twisted ankle, 1 no show, 1 left for a better paying job.

Kis124

my unloader also does driver helper. he stated he is not going to do it again because of the pay. They get 10.50 an hour and he told me the paycheck was pitiful this week

laffter

my unloader also does driver helper. he stated he is not going to do it again because of the pay. They get 10.50 an hour and he told me the paycheck was pitiful this week

Strangely enough, an inside helper benefits more from helping than an outside hire. I, for example, only earn the 8.50/hr helper rate for the first 3 hours every day. After that I get overtime, at 12.75.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

We earn 12.88/hour here, but the OT makes it worth it. Since OT can't be pyramided, I earn OT as a helper after 15 hours (40 hours - 25 preload) in a week. Last week I worked 34 hours as a helper, so I earned - on average - 16.47/hour - about the same as a seasonal driver. I'll be lucky to hit 25 this week, but I'll likely top 30 the next two.

Brain Genocide

As a driver helper i get $8.50 an hour. OT after 8 hours. Not sure what I'll do come January if UPS calls and offers me a full time in the HUB. I hear that job sucks. Think i might go back to a kitchen for the winter.

H

htown0721

As a driver helper i get $8.50 an hour. OT after 8 hours. Not sure what I'll do come January if UPS calls and offers me a full time in the HUB. I hear that job sucks. Think i might go back to a kitchen for the winter.

Good news is you won/t be offered full-time in the Hub, part-time...maybe

Indecisi0n

Helper got this check and yelled "what the **** is this?" Told me to stop the truck Nd he left. HaHa. It was pretty funny.

BeachBoy

Orientated two weeks ago, but still haven't been called in to work. No driver = no check. Hopefully they'll see fit to mail it eventually, I'm really looking forward to that $20.

Brain Genocide

After all the post's I have read about deductions for Union Due's, I did the math and was mentally ready for my slap in the face check.
But to my surprise it was not at all what I expected. I have no Due deductions ....probably because I am a seasonal helper - contracted???
My Commit time runs out the 24th at midnight. I even got paid for the orientation.

Bought my driver Lunch today

UPSGUY72

After all the post's I have read about deductions for Union Due's, I did the math and was mentally ready for my slap in the face check.
But to my surprise it was not at all what I expected. I have no Due deductions ....probably because I am a seasonal helper - contracted???
My Commit time runs out the 24th at midnight. I even got paid for the orientation.

Bought my driver Lunch today

Your driver is a tool.. If he let you buy him lunch..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A driver makes up to four times what a helper does, he should buy the lunch. Any driver thats lets his helper buy his lunch is a sorry excuse for a human being.

UPSGUY72

A driver makes up to four times what a helper does, he should buy the lunch. Any driver thats lets his helper buy his lunch is a sorry excuse for a human being.

If I'm on OT it's 5 1/2 times what a helper in my area makes..

I deliver a 146 pound safe to a customer last week they wanted me to go through the garage ans take it out of the box and put in there basement. It only took a couple of minutes with my helper and he made an extra $10. Happy customer and a little bonus for the helper.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
My center has never taken out union dues till this year and now we lost 7 helpers. According to our union they will get our money back after they are released on the 25.

Ideliver

I got paid today for 19 hours. Too bad it was 25 hours short of what I actually worked. Called the coordinator and was told "I can't help you. You need to come into the center". What a joy that will be. But, I actually look forward to seeing, face to face, the UPS sups that have no appreciation for the helpers.

H

htown0721

I got paid today for 19 hours. Too bad it was 25 hours short of what I actually worked. Called the coordinator and was told "I can't help you. You need to come into the center". What a joy that will be. But, I actually look forward to seeing, face to face, the UPS sups that have no appreciation for the helpers.

You might not get in the building, but if you do what would you say to said sup?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

What if your helper is a retired millionaire looking to shed a few pounds before the holidays? My helper is on my truck when I'm working. I eat lunch alone.

Ideliver

You might not get in the building, but if you do what would you say to said sup?

I have a UPS uniform. oh wait I just a helper so I have the "costume" lol . I can get in. I have signed info notices of my hours worked from the drivers I worked with. What would I say........"pay me for the hours I worked".