helpful pointers

rod

Retired 22 years
Any good helpful pointers/methods out there for quicker package selection, remembering your next stop, package quantity, and shelf location. Also tips for being out of your package car within 9 seconds. I had a ride along today for my 30 day I was averaging about 9.5 seconds out of the truck I need to get that down to about 8 flat.

Damn you are slow. I was able to throw on the emergency brake, run the package off and get back into the truck before it quit rocking back and forth.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I always found it easier to leave the key in the ignition---with the truck running if it was cold out. Also with the bulk head door lock jimmied so it wouldn't lock and no lock on the rear door. It was always a little embarrassing when they rode with you and you failed to take the key out the first few stops.

On the old overhead doors, just had to unlock the door and break the key off.

Over 70

Unplug backup monitor. Takes some load off the alternator allowing more power to be delivered to the wheels.

Not to mentioned time wasted including it as a mirror when backing. Real men don't need no stinking camera!

DRporch

tell your loader to be a loader and not have load qualities of this nature

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 87

Over 70

I have to admit that the gears on these trucks are pretty strong. You can throw it from drive to park while moving. It make all kinds of funny sounds but keeps on moving.

I like when you floor it before it actually shifts into drive and you get a nice huge clunk. That would happen to me about 5-6 times a day.

SmithBarney

If your truck is a manual, you can save a lot of time by letting it roll down the hill while you're putting your seatbelt on and checking the diad for the next stop. By that time you'll have gained enough speed to pop the clutch and get er' goin.

Just let it keep rolling while you run out to your stop, hurry back and hop in...you'll be down to 5 seconds per delivery... ;)