Here’s what I’m thankful for today

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yeah one guy was 50ish, kids around middle school. Can't miss the sports.
The others early 40s
I missed a few games, several school plays, etc. while working at UPS, but my wife and kids wanted for very little.

....and I retired at age 53 with just under 34 years total.

Claiming that money can't buy happiness makes for a great country song, but in reality it certainly helps those who can balance their priorities.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I missed a few games, several school plays, etc. while working at UPS, but my wife and kids wanted for very little.

....and I retired at age 53 with just under 34 years total.

Claiming that money can't buy happiness makes for a great country song, but in reality it certainly helps those who can balance their priorities.
I retired at 55 and the money I had made over the years helped me retire debt free as well as having a nice nest egg for the future. I agree: I never had a problem money couldn’t solve

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I retired at 55 and the money I had made over the years helped me retire debt free as well as having a nice nest egg for the future. I agree: I never had a problem money couldn’t solve
I stuck around until 61. In hindsight wish I would have left earlier. Not owing anyone any money is priceless. Spouse made more than I did most years and have inherited well. Future looks great if the health lasts!

FromOffTheStreets

I stuck around until 61. In hindsight wish I would have left earlier. Not owing anyone any money is priceless. Spouse made more than I did most years and have inherited well. Future looks great if the health lasts!
Everyone is in a different place financially.

If your debt free & to young to retire, you want as little hours as you can get. Especially if you have other things to do. You don't need an extra 1-200 a week from overtime.

If your in debt or like to spend to much you want more hours.

It would be nice to see the union negotiate for this.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
That's giving the Union 100% the credit when the company pays 100% of the pay and benefits. The Union deserves their credit but they arguably take a lot more money than the services they provide. Only once they pay strike pay do they ever give it back.

Over the course of the next 5 years, each full rate driver will give the Union nearly $7,000. Most of their work takes place in the last few months of the 5 year contract. Steep price for those negotiations.
But how much do their union benefits and salary add up to in 5 years? I worked at UPS for 27 years. I know it’s much more than 7000 dollars. How many non-union companies offer a retirement pension? You make that back in pension payments after a few months.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
That's not what I mean. I appreciate and understand how much the Teamsters make a difference in our pay and benefits. All you have to do is do a side by side with FedEx.

My point is that we can't hate on the company that actually writes the checks. One must understand that the Union also exists to benefit themselves, not just us.
A appreciate the company and the union.

If that’s what you took from my post,you’re clueless. The post wasn’t made as a thank you for what they are paying me tomorrow. It was a thank you for the life they’ve given me. I just added on tomorrow for craps and giggles. Carry on.
...I certainly can appreciate your gratitude and humility for them giving you the job,it's certainly shows the kind of good character you,however the job,they gave that to you but the money you've earned,you earned that everyday buy going in and doing the job the way they've ask you to do it.....also keep in mind you've earned good money from doing the job and they've also earned good money from you doing the job as well.......good luck to ya and may the force of $5300 be with you.

Thebrownblob

...I certainly can appreciate your gratitude and humility for them giving you the job,it's certainly shows the kind of good character you,however the job,they gave that to you but the money you've earned,you earned that everyday buy going in and doing the job the way they've ask you to do it.....also keep in mind you've earned good money from doing the job and they've also earned good money from you doing the job as well.......good luck to ya and may the force of $5300 be with you.
1708687745197.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
IMG_5657.gif

Commercial Inside Release

One toke over the line, sweet Jesus
One toke over the line
Sitting downtown in a railway station
One toke over the line...