Here's how much UPS drivers really get paid

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Here's how much UPS drivers really get paid - The Grunge

The big brown UPS trucks sure are hard to miss. Touting a bright yellow-and-brown UPS logo with uniformed drivers to match, the United Parcel Service seemingly delivers packages across the country at lightning speed. In fact, the company describes itself as "a global network of movement," according to Trucking Truth, a distinction it has been working towards since it began as American Messenger Company in Seattle, Washington in 1907.

But with such an expansive presence and dedicated fleet of drivers comes an air of mystery. Whether you're driving behind a UPS truck and questioning why their drivers never make left turns -– or wondering why UPS trucks always leave the doors open –- there's a lot of secrets to unpack with these guys, with one of the biggest mysteries remaining: how much do UPS drivers actually make?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
ImaginaryBigBrahmanbull-size_restricted.gif

CoolStoryBro

That article is garbage.

I broke 60k this week.
Going to make 125-130k this year if the volume does not drop.

All they have to do is crack open a contract to see our hourly wages.

I made 28 an hour in 2008.

COOL STORY BRO

DriverNerd

Author: Let me do absolutely no research into UPS drivers specifically. I will do some research on general trucking jobs though. Oh yeah, I did see that one article on driver pay about 10 years ago. I can make a story out of that...all I need is some random numbers thrown about with a misleading headline. Boom! Done.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Author: Let me do absolutely no research into UPS drivers specifically. I will do some research on general trucking jobs though. Oh yeah, I did see that one article on driver pay about 10 years ago. I can make a story out of that...all I need is some random numbers thrown about with a misleading headline. Boom! Done.

You qualify for a job at Vox.

MrBates

One of my customers tried to hire me to work in his warehouse. I was trying to tell him that he couldn't afford me. He would not believe me and kept making these offers trying to beat my salary. It got so annoying I just showed him last years year end paycheck. After that I never got help unloading boxes again.