Hey Louisville small sort! Need advice!

DaBuna

So Ontario Ca is opening a new air hub and they are going to use a small sort similar to the one in Louisville. Jobs will be up for bid, need to know what to expect in this new small sort. What are the best positions, how fast is it? Should I stay?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
So Ontario Ca is opening a new air hub and they are going to use a small sort similar to the one in Louisville. Jobs will be up for bid, need to know what to expect in this new small sort. What are the best positions, how fast is it? Should I stay?
Trailer Jockey?

TangJaw

The vast majority of the jobs in small sort when I was there were cake compared to a lot of other comparable jobs around the hub. A lot of small sort folks have been there for ages because they're (apparently) fairly sought after positions. I started out as an admin there, and as far as the pace, it varied a ton. During this past peak it was very off and on, with some days having stupid crazy amounts of volume, and others barely any at all. There isn't much downtime in general though, at least not in Lville small sort.

Overpaid Union Thug

Very easy but tedious work. And working with all the high seniority women (when they actually show up) will be like working with something like a combination of the worlds worst sewing circle and a bunch of ovulating witches.

TangJaw

Very easy but tedious work. And working with all the high seniority women (when they actually show up) will be like working with something like a combination of the worlds worst sewing circle and a bunch of ovulating witches.

This is 100% accurate. Small sort is seriously the vast majority are middle aged to old lifelong UPS women who all seem to have been there since Lincoln was president or something. I wasnt a package handler, but it did seem like the work itself was pretty repetitive and boring.

In my experience everyone hates being a bagger in small sort. It's far worse than loading or unloading trucks. The pace is frequently extreme because turnover is very high and they are chronically understaffed. There is also lots of drama and frequently inexperienced supervisors. The Induct positions in small sort are very desirable & everyone with seniority bids on them.

Overpaid Union Thug

In my experience everyone hates being a bagger in small sort. It's far worse than loading or unloading trucks. The pace is frequently extreme because turnover is very high and they are chronically understaffed. There is also lots of drama and frequently inexperienced supervisors. The Induct positions in small sort are very desirable & everyone with seniority bids on them.
When everyone shows up (rare) smalls is pretty sweet. On days we were anywhere close to be being fully staffed people were sent downstairs to severely understaffed areas. Usually loading.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lots of midgets running around?