Hey Obama, nap time is over!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
everyone has different opinions on climate change. your side skews the argument with the constant alarms . I lived through a time when most cities were clogged with smog and rivers were seriously polluted with factory run off . I know what this country has done to improve conditions over the years.

I don't chase every thing trump says. I like that he says things that are his opinion and not some poll induced answer.
If my choice I would eliminate the EPA altogether. The states already have their own agencies.

I like his position on pulling UN funding for Climate initiatives and using them to rebuild our infra structure. why would we possibly borrow more money just to give it to someone else?

Here are a few facts that even a Republican can understand. Businesses need regulation because time and time again it has been proven that they will NOT do the right thing when they screw-up or are not held accountable. Instead, they lie to protect the business and profits.

2 recent examples in the auto industry are Volkswagen and GM. VW knowingly re-programmed it's cars to beat EPA regulations...but they got caught. GM knew about defective ignition switches, yet did nothing until the government held their feet to the fire. It takes years to prove these companies LIED, and they usually fight it all the way.

There are countless other examples in other industries, like food-processing and pharmaceuticals. Many companies do things with potentially lethal consequences as long as they can until they get caught. Remember the chicken processor (I think it was Tyson) that had chicken crap stacked as high as the conveyor belts that were carrying processed fryers? Again, the company was just fine with not taking care of the problem, until they were inspected, caught, and fined by the government.

Please move to India or China if you want to live in a place free from the tyranny of the EPA. Man, are you people ever slow.

newfie

No doubt the pollution was much worse in the 70's. As for if the EPA is necessary with today's world regulations, we still need enforcement of those regulations. We rely on self reporting and the integrity of those individuals/businesses.
The EPA becomes necessary for inspection and enforcement of Government regulations.

I think their contribution is way over rated. My daughter has a friend that works for the EPA . At times she carries a gun because they made her part of homeland security. Sounds like an agency looking for an identity and purpose in life.

newfie

Here are a few facts that even a Republican can understand. Businesses need regulation because time and time again it has been proven that they will NOT do the right thing when they screw-up or are not held accountable. Instead, they lie to protect the business and profits.

Please move to India or China if you want to live in a place free from the tyranny of the EPA. Man, are you people ever slow.

I don't have to move to china or india. My guy is in charge now. this economy has too many regulations and business are moving out of country and hiring more part time employees to avoid the regulations.

that's something even a liberal should be able to understand. Well most of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't have to move to china or india. My guy is in charge now. this economy has too many regulations and business are moving out of country and hiring more part time employees to avoid the regulations.

that's something even a liberal should be able to understand. Well most of them.

Really? Many businesses, including FedEx used to use Obamacare and overregulation as excuses to keep people to 30 hours or less. Big Business hires PT people because it saves them money, not necessarily due to the ACA, which Trump will probably keep in some modified form. Sorry, but "your guy" is a flim-flam" man. "Mordecai J. Trump is the name".

watdaflock?

At times she carries a gun because they made her part of homeland security. Sounds like an agency looking for an identity and purpose in life.
The government appointed a lot of serviceman to carry weapons shortly after 9/11. Maybe it was in preparation of the upcoming war.* My brother is a nurse in the Air Force. For a short time after 9/11 their was a need for additional security at the gates. He carried a .9mm and an AR-15.

*a bit of a conspiracy theory, who knows. All I know is, my brother as a nurse went through weapons training and was stationed at the gates for a short time. As for your case since you're a Trump fan and also against foreigners, I'd think you'd be all for more homeland security. It's the government security agency created in response of the 9/11 attacks. It's probably who Trump will have rounding up Mexicans and checking their papers...

watdaflock?

Until the other places (china) is as pure as us, it makes no sense to regulate the hell out of things when no one else is.....it's the same air.
That quite possibly is the dumbest rebuttal ever.

"Since so and so doesn't care, why should I?"

Try using that argument with all of the other countries we consider friends.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That quite possibly is the dumbest rebuttal ever.

"Since so and so doesn't care, why should I?"

Try using that argument with all of the other countries we consider friends.

Yeah, she's a real rocket scientist. What the US did was to basically export as much manufacturing as it could off-shore to take advantage of much lower labor costs, no litigation or employee issues, and almost zero environmental regulation.

China is so polluted that large buildings like airports have enough smog inside to impede visibility. When I landed in Beijing, I thought there was a fire in the terminal...it was that smoky. When you fly out of most Chinese cities you'll see the outer fringes ringed by dozens of coal plants belching out an unfiltered plume of smoke for miles.

It's pretty bad.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Eric Holder is on the "do away with the electoral college" vote. Someone always takes up this cause, but never follows through. I'm OK to do it 'popular vote' from now on.
I'm not.
The Electoral College vote process was put in place for a reason.
We are the United States and this is one of the last vestiges left from the United STATES constitution that has not been eroded.
If the Electoral College is eliminated, we should change our name, because States has no meaning ... there will be but one State ... our National Government.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm not.
The Electoral College vote process was put in place for a reason.
We are the United States and this is one of the last vestiges left from the United STATES constitution that has not been eroded.
If the Electoral College is eliminated, we should change our name, because States has no meaning ... there will be but one State ... our National Government.
Why was it put in place again, from a historical perspective not an ideological one.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Go check out the maps scratch posted showing the democratic strongholds and the high crime areas. Coincidence? I think not. You liberals are a cancer in this country.
That's a ghost of a claim.
The map is of Population Density for the most part.
There is a regressive relationship between "democratic strongholds and the high crime areas" but it is not a causative relationship (A--> B).
The real rub or difference is the basic differences that arise from living in a small village/town or rural area versus the urban areas of higher population density.

Rome versus Nazarene all over again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why was it put in place again, from a historical perspective not an ideological one.....
It is definitely an ideological one for me.
It is to keep a balance of power between the higher population states and the lower population states.
Each state has a given level of power upon which is added the population factor.
It worked then and it works now.
I do not want the East and West coasts making decisions for the rest of the country.

It was put in place to ensure the forming of the United States.
So smaller, less populous states would not be ruled by the larger, more populous states.
This was a concern of Mass, RI, DE over the power of NY and SC at the time.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Come on folks.
We can join together and make this thread a real exchange of ideas and education.
Regardless of the lack of truthful insight put forth by the OP.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's a ghost of a claim.
The map is of Population Density for the most part.
There is a regressive relationship between "democratic strongholds and the high crime areas" but it is not a causative relationship (A--> B).
The real rub or difference is the basic differences that arise from living in a small village/town or rural area versus the urban areas of higher population density.

Rome versus Nazarene all over again.
They're not maps of population density "for the most part".

They are literally maps of population density that have nothing to do with this election at all. Some people really need to learn how to use google reverse image search.