high blood pressure?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I love going for the DOT and the nurse checks my pkg then yells to the other nurse get in here you guttah see this !!

Johney

Not always.

We had 2 guys that did not get a temp card. Had to go to their Doc, get on the meds and be retested. Both were off for 2 or 3 days.
They must have waited until their cards expired and their BP must have been extremely high.

Packmule

Taken at home, my BP is always lower than in the doctor's office.....no matter what position the arm is in. It's called "white coat syndrome".

Maybe keeping a record of your BP readings for the year will help next time.
Nope. They won't even listen to your family doc who does your personal annual physical. DOT docs are not there to care about you. They are there to protect the public and get the menace (you) off the road. Try having hearing problems with hearing aids. They don't do that test right either. DOT clearly states a driver need only "perceive a forced whisper in the better hearing ear" not repeat back what the doc actually said. But they will not get that through their thick skulls. Then they slap me in the audio booth, and by the time I get done passing WITHOUT NEEDING HEARING AIDS AT ALL, my temper and my blood pressure spike and they bomb me on that. Now I'm on BP meds from regular doc, with readings as low as 99/54 because I do not really have hypertension. I got a 3 month card last time and am now waiting to retest BP. Thank heavens I already have 35 years in. I'd like to hit 2017 for the increases in the pension, but if not, oh well!