High Speed Rail

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
tos, name me one public project that was built on budget and completed on time.

Here in california BABA, we had a 6.2 quake that devastated the western part of los angeles. In doing so, it knocked down the 5/14 interchange overpasses crushing a vital throughway from nor cal to south cal.

Caltrans with the help of private business, Rebuilt all the overpasses months ahead of schedule earning a completion bonus worth millions of dollars. There are many projects that are completed like this around the country and completion bonuses paid.

With all projects, there are cost overruns, problems, design problems and the like. Just ask GW BUSH. He said we would spend less than a trillion dollars on 2 wars and we are at 6 trillion already.

But what everyone has to understand, is that the longer we wait to build something, the MORE its going to cost when we need it.

People are crying today about costs, yet ignore what it will cost tomorrow.

Exaggerating the cost of a project like this serves no purpose. The world will run out of oil someday, the cost of that oil will continue to destroy economies and peoples lives. The sooner we can diminish our need for the stuff the better off we will be as people.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I do fractions.....that means 4 of 5 cars are the REAL kind !!!

So if you view 1 in 5 as a good sign.....then you'd be happy with a 20% approval rating for Obama!!

Let me clarify my request, I need a new truck, a small truck, not a full size model, 4X4.
The silverado hybrid comes in a two wheel version. Give em a little time, bet the put that into the smaller trucks in a year or two. Why do you prefer the smaller truck vs, full size?

raceanoncr

Dont look now doom and gloomers, but metrolink reports that ridership INCREASED 50% during the Carmageddon over the weekend showing that residents will use the train system if it assists them in travel.

Its all mindset folks, and america needs to change theirs.

Peace.

No, it only shows that "residents will use the train system if" they are FORCED to.

Let's have the ridership figures NOW, after Carmaggedon.

La, la, la...waiting, waiting, waiting...

How bout some figures, TOS?

Waiting, waiting...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The 30 hybrids now on the market only account for only 2.4 percent of sales.
And last year, Ford sold almost twice as many friend-150 pickups as all its hybrids put together.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The 30 hybrids now on the market only account for only 2.4 percent of sales.
And last year, Ford sold almost twice as many friend-150 pickups as all its hybrids put together.

Formula 1 next year will be the first to introduce HYBRID race cars in the world. F1 will have HYBRID cars on the track using electric motors in the pit lanes exclusively.

When the car hits pit lane, it must run ONLY on electric power and switch to its engine after it clears pit lane. The world is changing, america needs to follow.

Peace.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Formula 1 next year will be the first to introduce HYBRID race cars in the world. F1 will have HYBRID cars on the track using electric motors in the pit lanes exclusively.

When the car hits pit lane, it must run ONLY on electric power and switch to its engine after it clears pit lane. The world is changing, america needs to follow.

Peace.

With they then replace the electronic timing with hourglasses and/or a sundial?