Hired.I Think.....

Why would you want to work for express
Tired of the EMT experience for now after years of doing it.And the pay is'nt too bad for part time.I have had alot of crap jobs to include the military so I guess I'm just crazy or something.Most people would quit right away after reading some of these threads though,lol.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Welcome aboard meancaffine.

Three things to remember:

1. If management is moving their lips, they're lying.

2. Fred S and upper management are not your friends. They have a strong dislike of hourly employees.

3. Keep looking for a better job.

Serf

19D cavalry scout.In an infantry unit!
Hah, we had plenty of 19D in our company. I don't know why the Army sends them to infantry companies. Don't be too alarmed. These guys aren't lying to you, but it's also not that bad.(Mind you, lots of disgruntled older people here have had alot taken off their plates over the course of their careers thanks to express). I came from army, stint in corrections, and now I enjoy having weekends off and not having to work holidays and overnight. It's all relative man.

DRAisawesome

Only thing is I can say is there is no pay scale. If you get a raise you get a raise on your hourly now. Top out is probably about 23 bucks. You will never get there.

Hah, we had plenty of 19D in our company. I don't know why the Army sends them to infantry companies. Don't be too alarmed. These guys aren't lying to you, but it's also not that bad.(Mind you, lots of disgruntled older people here have had alot taken off their plates over the course of their careers thanks to express). I came from army, stint in corrections, and now I enjoy having weekends off and not having to work holidays and overnight. It's all relative man.
I understand.I've been seeing and hearing what to expect from from the corporate monster.Unfortunately It's becoming the norm nowadays, especially now that the U.S is transitioning into indentured servitude.I'm just glad not to be hanging out at the motor pool or sitting in a bradley bored to hell while wearing 90 Ilbs of body armor in the middle of Texas or Iraq.Luckily I've been trained to the max in the area BS so I figure a little more won't blow me away but we'll see.So I'm gonna just take a no. and enjoy the ride and be glad I'm not unemployed for now.

Serf

I understand.I've been seeing and hearing what to expect from from the corporate monster.Unfortunately It's becoming the norm nowadays, especially now that the U.S is transitioning into indentured servitude.I'm just glad not to be hanging out at the motor pool or sitting in a bradley bored to hell while wearing 90 Ilbs of body armor in the middle of Texas or Iraq.Luckily I've been trained to the max in the area BS so I figure a little more won't blow me away but we'll see.So I'm gonna just take a no. and enjoy the ride and be glad I'm not unemployed for now.
Exactly. It beats Garrison life. Especially in Kileen or El Paso! As long as you don't falsify your time card or fail to report an accident in your work truck your pretty much guaranteed a job. It's a barbell economy now. Heavy on both ends, but slim in the the middle. That middle of the barbell is what is left of what used to be a robust middle class. Once you get hired on and trained up, you'll get a route. But most stations you can always sign up for extra hours. Let your manager know that you are available and willing to work.

JayF13

I'm currently working @ FedEx Express as a Driver Courier, got about 1 1/2 years in and all I can say is that place is retarded.. I hope you're a superhero because that's what they expect from you.

And you're hired btw. They hire anybody with a damn license. You will see all the idiots who work with you there.. LOL!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm currently working @ FedEx Express as a Driver Courier, got about 1 1/2 years in and all I can say is that place is retarded.. I hope you're a superhero because that's what they expect from you.

And you're hired btw. They hire anybody with a damn license. You will see all the idiots who work with you there.. LOL!!

Only 1.5 years in, and you write this? I am impressed...you "get it".