Hmmmm

Blazian81

Has anyone seen this in there building?
60743.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Est.1998

Can not decline ODPU.

I do that all the time. Idiots always send me the wrong ones.
Same.
They send me ODPU for cities 30 mins away.
According to that paper, i won't be able to decline and will have to call the office on my personal cell phone to have it removed.
I think I'll just send the message via diad and if it still remains by it's due time, see how they handle it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Had an OMS, when I was still in package, that would send me 90% of the ODPU so I could tell her who they were supposed to go to.
That happens a lot. OMS just wants to leave it as someone else's problem. And they get focused on the same few drivers to send messages to.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I wonder how the lunch skippers will handle this. I picked up a rookie's board the other morning and clicked on his lunch. He already had 12-1 punched in.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
That should be great. We have one OMS who is terrible at ODPU's. They think that just because you delivered there that you can also do a pickup there 4 hours later on a split route 10 miles out of the way.

DriverNerd

Being able to use Map Nav with ODPU is nice to me. When I'm doing a route blind and don't know the area or when I early shot or have a late pickup from someone else. Sometimes I get a copy of someone else's pickup, sometimes they send it as a ODPU. When they send a copy, no big deal, I can use Map Nav, but with ODPU this is a nice change. Something I've wondered why it didn't work before.

DriverNerd

According to that paper, i won't be able to decline and will have to call the office on my personal cell phone to have it removed.
I think I'll just send the message via diad and if it still remains by it's due time, see how they handle it.

Yeah, I won't be calling it in either. Message in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same.
They send me ODPU for cities 30 mins away.
Call the office? Nope.

your last sentence is the way to handle it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is going to get ugly during peak.
Once we go to 3.0, the DIAD will be functionally useless as a tool for figuring out a delivery order.
We already have people who are getting on the computers in the morning, displaying the route in RDO order, and taking pictures of the screen with their phones so that they have some sort of a coherent, useable manifest to refer to. Its pretty much the final option for people who just want to show up and do their jobs without the stress of scrolling up and down all day trying to mentally unscramble the gibberish that ORION has puked into their DIADs.
I wonder how long it will be before some cubicle-dweller in Atlanta decides to take that last remaining work-around away....