Hodgkins, IN ???

dougd

Hey all... got an interesting question from a buddy of mine yesterday. All of his packages coming from the west leave CACH for the Toledo Hub and have a stop in the middle listed as "Hodgkins, IN." As there is no such town as Hodgkins, IN (and Hodgkins, IL was already listed - the package went through CACH) he asked me where/what this was. I haven't worked for UPS since '98. I'm assuming this is just the name that shows up on a package track for the concrete slab where trailers between TOLOH and CACH are exchanged by feeder drivers. (Nothing seems to sit there for more than four hours... often less... which would also seem to indicate that.)

Can anyone confirm or deny my suspicion?

over9five

Staff member
Now you've done it! Are you crazy??? Cheryl, can we delete that post? He's found out UPSs greatest secret! Hodgkins is UPSs Area 51. Now that THEY know that you know.....
Dude, leave your house and run. Don't look back. Don't take anything with you, JUST GO!!!!!!

Brett -

I know you work in Indy and I have a few questions for you. I have had difficulty accessing this site and posting since they have changed the format so I am unable to PM you.

Please drop me a line at your convenience. Thanks.

Bryan

pretender

It has been a while since I have been there, bu there used to be a meet point just across the IL/IN state line--I believe it is in Hammond IN. They also broke down triples and double 40s there...

Taco

It's starting to appear again. I believe this is actually the Hammond, IN center. Feeders drop off/pick up a third trailer here.