How many injuries is too many? On Topic (long) please help

SSDD

We have had more injuries in our building by 3/1/18 than 2016-2017. As of 4/13, our building has surpassed four years of injuries.

When is it time to write/call OSHA? Steward and union complaints fall on deaf ears because there's simply nothing they can do about safety anymore. For all other things under the sun, our union and steward are the cream of the crop, but for safety issues they don't even want to weigh in outside of "this is the worst we have seen".

We had someone recently get a concussion when a car pulled out and moved a temporary dock, knocking her out as it took the rollers with it.

One guy broke his arm and hand when a trailer failed to secure brakes. It happened again recently but off a 10 foot dock. A kid was walking into a trailer (which a sup opened and kicking the latch open pushed the trailer out). One guy was walking and a failed ebrake caused him to fall five feet off a dock.

The other day a worker secured the belt from 1800 packages in 3.5 cars, was buried past egress, a supervisor unsecured the belt and she blew out her back. AFAIK, she's still in hospital because she cannot move.

This is just a brief list. Half of our preload schedule is workers on comp. Supervisors are working. There's a laundry list of things wrong with our facility and management. My brothers and sisters and myself are getting seriously injured.

Management isn't doing anything except working union workers hours and blaming them for the injuries. It is a shtshow. The unload kid who fell off the dock was smart enough to "hit the deck" and lay flat so the feeder didn't pop his head like a cherry. Sup didn't even try to inform the feeder to stop. He saw the kid fall and did nothing.

This is horrendous. It wasn't like this before our new center manager and this last round of supervisors. I will admit I am angry from my own limb injuries, but too many people are getting hurt too often. A supervisor removed a set of stairs "they thought no one was using" and someone broke their leg and hip.

The 10+ of us are "banging on union doors" and there's simply nothing they can do. We are approaching 20 injuries. Thankfully no deaths.. yet =/

I've been posting here for years but it'd be too obvious who I am or where we are and apologize in advance for puppetry. We are suffering badly here. Many more unreported injuries. There's bloody packages coming down the belt almost every day. 3-4x a week at least.

This has gotta stop. What to do please?

Thanks in advance for any help on what to do or where to go. The only thing we can think of is writing a laundry list of the problems and all signing it with our names and contact info and getting it to OSHA.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.

clean hairy

To make it a cliffs notes version:
"There have been many injuries at my work location, some quite serious"
"Would it be a good idea to notify OSHA of many injuries at my work place?"

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
That sup unsecuring the belt should be in trouble, that’s one of the biggest no no’s and especially with it injuring an employee.

Hope she takes him for everything he has.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
And remind me to never work where you do. Sounds like a circus. I mean mine is busy and has its faults but is funny enough a safe place.

SSDD

Roughly half have been reported from what I've been told.

How am I supposed to know if corporate is getting on management? The only thing I know management-wise is our center manager is coming in 5 hours early every day and always in meetings. That's the only unusual thing.

I've been talking to injured workers seeking advice here and reporting everything and not signing SWM's etc without our steward present.

They keep threatening injured workers who drink the koolaid. Of course it's always the "employee's fault" on these "incidents", because "an accident means no one is to blame".

Do we all have to include our contact information? Or names and phone numbers? Signatures? Some are afraid the information provided to OSHA will come back to bite them and cost them their jobs.

SSDD

Do we all have to include our contact information? Names and phone numbers? Signatures? Some are afraid the information provided to OSHA will come back to bite them and cost them their jobs.

Would it be better if we wrote them individually?

Box Ox

We have had more injuries in our building by 3/1/18 than 2016-2017. As of 4/13, our building has surpassed four years of injuries.

When is it time to write/call OSHA? Steward and union complaints fall on deaf ears because there's simply nothing they can do about safety anymore. For all other things under the sun, our union and steward are the cream of the crop, but for safety issues they don't even want to weigh in outside of "this is the worst we have seen".

We had someone recently get a concussion when a car pulled out and moved a temporary dock, knocking her out as it took the rollers with it.

One guy broke his arm and hand when a trailer failed to secure brakes. It happened again recently but off a 10 foot dock. A kid was walking into a trailer (which a sup opened and kicking the latch open pushed the trailer out). One guy was walking and a failed ebrake caused him to fall five feet off a dock.

The other day a worker secured the belt from 1800 packages in 3.5 cars, was buried past egress, a supervisor unsecured the belt and she blew out her back. AFAIK, she's still in hospital because she cannot move.

This is just a brief list. Half of our preload schedule is workers on comp. Supervisors are working. There's a laundry list of things wrong with our facility and management. My brothers and sisters and myself are getting seriously injured.

Management isn't doing anything except working union workers hours and blaming them for the injuries. It is a shtshow. The unload kid who fell off the dock was smart enough to "hit the deck" and lay flat so the feeder didn't pop his head like a cherry. Sup didn't even try to inform the feeder to stop. He saw the kid fall and did nothing.

This is horrendous. It wasn't like this before our new center manager and this last round of supervisors. I will admit I am angry from my own limb injuries, but too many people are getting hurt too often. A supervisor removed a set of stairs "they thought no one was using" and someone broke their leg and hip.

The 10+ of us are "banging on union doors" and there's simply nothing they can do. We are approaching 20 injuries. Thankfully no deaths.. yet =/

I've been posting here for years but it'd be too obvious who I am or where we are and apologize in advance for puppetry. We are suffering badly here. Many more unreported injuries. There's bloody packages coming down the belt almost every day. 3-4x a week at least.

This has gotta stop. What to do please?

Thanks in advance for any help on what to do or where to go. The only thing we can think of is writing a laundry list of the problems and all signing it with our names and contact info and getting it to OSHA.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.

There’s just no way all of this is going down. When I was a preloader, just the mention of the word “safety” was enough to get a sup to :censored2: off from trying to make me work unsafely.

It would be an immediate and outright rebellion at my center under these circumstances. But the Union and Company would have put a stop to it long before it got to that point. This is some horror movie level :censored2:. There’s no way your center employees are “banging on union doors” over many serious injuries at your location. The potential liability for them and the Company is way too high.

If this is true, I’d like to buy the rights to your story so I can make some massive bucks and do a lotta good for worker safety.

Box Ox

Thanks "brothers and sisters".

Come on, man. If this were really happening you wouldn’t even have any questions for us. You’d know what you’ve gotta do. Wouldn’t post about it here. UPS is bad but it’s not North Korean labor/death camp bad.

SSDD

Do we all have to include our contact information? Or names and phone numbers? Signatures? Some are afraid the information provided to OSHA will come back to bite them and cost them their jobs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BF89510C-8A0A-4626-939B-2CA40920656E.jpeg
Roughly half have been reported from what I've been told.

How am I supposed to know if corporate is getting on management? The only thing I know management-wise is our center manager is coming in 5 hours early every day and always in meetings. That's the only unusual thing.

I've been talking to injured workers seeking advice here and reporting everything and not signing SWM's etc without our steward present.

They keep threatening injured workers who drink the koolaid. Of course it's always the "employee's fault" on these "incidents", because "an accident means no one is to blame".

Box Ox

Only include your personal information if you want in on the multi-million dollar lawsuit you’d win after UPS fired you for filing a serious and legitimate OSHA claim.