Hoffa Acceptance poll

DO apporve of the way Hoffa handled this contract.

• yes

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • no

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • don't care

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • fire him

Votes: 32 45.7%

• Total voters

Fredless

APWA Hater
Who cares? WE voted it in. Can we all stop pissing on each other now, and come together and make the best of it? If I were on the company's ball team I'd be relishing these times for sure.

Is this all you guys can do is constantly piss and moan about this doomsday contract? This may do more good than harm in the long run...By this I mean it may actually wake up most of the apathetic part timers and build real unionism.

If not, and we continue to hang ourselves its our own fault.

Keep yourselves marketable if you are afraid of losing everything. See a financial planner, screw the pension promise. Learn a trade at a local voc/tech school on the weekends or nights so if you do lose everything, you don't go to your next interview and answer "I delivered boxes for 27.xx an hour for 20 years." as your only skill..

We as a new aged American culture have a large apetite for crap. Take for example, General Motors they are finally starting to accept the change and lose the whole "build it and they will come" attitude. But, they had to literally be passed through the fire before they learned.

ezmoney5150

Why all the hate towards Hoffa? hall negotiated the contract not Hoffa. Micro managing is what UPS management does to other management. That's not what Hoffa does to hall. If you can look outside the box (I know it's hard) for one minute and realize that the UAW is taking cuts. We are not.

Non-union workers are seeing all benefits stagnate or decrease. We are getting wage raises, we're not paying for benefits and we're still a profitable company. Even though we are getting undercut by FED EX ground scabs.

We're doing pretty darn good.

I know this doesn't convince the TDU "Bizarro world" people.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm just waiting for the day that jr finally is charged with a crime just like every union president before him has been. Why break that pattern now.
( oops...one was found not guilty, but who cares ?)

ezmoney5150

I'm just waiting for the day that jr finally is charged with a crime just like every union president before him has been. Why break that pattern now.
( oops...one was found not guilty, but who cares ?)

Paleeeeze!!!!

CEO's are the biggest crooks (Enron, MCI, Global Crossings), don't you think you are being a bit jaded????

ogrelord

Ground Down
Why all the hate towards Hoffa? hall negotiated the contract not Hoffa. Micro managing is what UPS management does to other management. That's not what Hoffa does to hall. If you can look outside the box (I know it's hard) for one minute and realize that the UAW is taking cuts. We are not.

Non-union workers are seeing all benefits stagnate or decrease. We are getting wage raises, we're not paying for benefits and we're still a profitable company. Even though we are getting undercut by FED EX ground scabs.

We're doing pretty darn good.

I know this doesn't convince the TDU "Bizarro world" people.

hate to say it ezmoney, but ford, GM are lossing there asses off. not posting a 4 billion dollar profit like UPS.

to say a handfull of people is to blame for this contract is wrong. we're all to blame. just because you voted no, doesn't mean your with out blame either. i'm sure alot more could have been done to spred the word on why to vote no. to bad we got stuck by the Jan 1st dead line on when this contract has to be passed. doing away with past practices was are biggest mistake of this contract.

ezmoney5150

hate to say it ezmoney, but ford, GM are lossing there asses off. not posting a 4 billion dollar profit like UPS.

to say a handfull of people is to blame for this contract is wrong. we're all to blame. just because you voted no, doesn't mean your with out blame either. i'm sure alot more could have been done to spred the word on why to vote no. to bad we got stuck by the Jan 1st dead line on when this contract has to be passed. doing away with past practices was are biggest mistake of this contract.

I never said I voted no. I voted yes. Take your blinders off and see what's going on in America. Working people are under attack. CEO's are ruining this country for stock market gains and their bonuses. UPS is profitable because of the dedication of well paid drivers. If we weren't well paid how many would circle back with a 53 foot trailer to a pickup that wasn't ready to go? Not many. I do. And UPS tells me I over service the customer. I didn't think that was possible.

GM and Ford's problems are because of bad trade agreements and some wack idea that Japanese cars are better than American. I have had two cars in the last 15 years. A 93' Pontiac Grand Am that I sold with 180,000 miles on it and a 2001 Chrysler 300m that I currently own with 140,000 miles on it. Never owned and will never own a foreign car. Unless it's a Ferarri.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Paleeeeze!!!!

CEO's are the biggest crooks (Enron, MCI, Global Crossings), don't you think you are being a bit jaded????

Not at all.
Check it out.
Remember this jr is supposed to be working for us, that money we pay in dues is supposed to help us all, not just a select few that he decides should get it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
GM and Ford's problems are because of bad trade agreements and some wack idea that Japanese cars are better than American. I have had two cars in the last 15 years. A 93' Pontiac Grand Am that I sold with 180,000 miles on it and a 2001 Chrysler 300m that I currently own with 140,000 miles on it. Never owned and will never own a foreign car. Unless it's a Ferarri.[/quote]

Q? And how much yearly did you have to spent on upkeep on these fine two cars ?
In today's world there is no longer any vehicles solely made in just one country. The parts come from all over the world. Any car today can get a lifetime of 100,000 + miles easily. Back in the 70's my dad had a ford with an german engine , a british transmission, & it was assembled in Canada, do you want to know how Ford marketed that car......." Buy American ".

ezmoney5150

GM and Ford's problems are because of bad trade agreements and some wack idea that Japanese cars are better than American. I have had two cars in the last 15 years. A 93' Pontiac Grand Am that I sold with 180,000 miles on it and a 2001 Chrysler 300m that I currently own with 140,000 miles on it. Never owned and will never own a foreign car. Unless it's a Ferarri.

Q? And how much yearly did you have to spent on upkeep on these fine two cars ?
In today's world there is no longer any vehicles solely made in just one country. The parts come from all over the world. Any car today can get a lifetime of 100,000 + miles easily. Back in the 70's my dad had a ford with an german engine , a british transmission, & it was assembled in Canada, do you want to know how Ford marketed that car......." Buy American ".[/quote]

I'm talking about American car companies assembled in the USA or Canada. All Toyotas and Hondas manufactured in the USA have the profits going to Japan. Japan has trade laws that put high tariffs on American cars sold in Japan. But like everything else in the USA money talks. legalized bribery.

Vladamir Lennin once said I'll sell the capatalists the rope to hang themselves with. The rope was sold. Just waiting for the trap door to fall.

ogrelord

Ground Down
I never said I voted no. I voted yes. Take your blinders off and see what's going on in America. Working people are under attack. CEO's are ruining this country for stock market gains and their bonuses. UPS is profitable because of the dedication of well paid drivers. If we weren't well paid how many would circle back with a 53 foot trailer to a pickup that wasn't ready to go? Not many. I do. And UPS tells me I over service the customer. I didn't think that was possible.

ezmoney, the only point i was trying to make about the UAW taking pay cuts, was that the big 3 are losing money. ups is not losing money, but making large sum of money.

secondly. it wasn't about how some one voted. it was about people blaming hall and hoffa. wich there is no need. it passed by over 60%. i voted no, but the majority of UPS voted yes. i can live with that. with the contract passing, i would have to say people are happy with hall and hoffa and they way the contract went. To the people who are unhappy with the leadership of the teamster, throw your hat into the ring. don't bitch and be arm-chair teamster, do something about it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm talking about American car companies assembled in the USA or Canada. All Toyotas and Hondas manufactured in the USA have the profits going to Japan. [/quote]

And did you know that you could buy shares in those companies too. They pay something called dividends......money back ( a share of the profits ).

ezmoney5150

I'm talking about American car companies assembled in the USA or Canada. All Toyotas and Hondas manufactured in the USA have the profits going to Japan.

And did you know that you could buy shares in those companies too. They pay something called dividends......money back ( a share of the profits ).[/quote]

I got a better idea. how about invest in American companies that employ Americans and keep the money here.

If it wasn't for the US taxpayers Japan would be living in ruins right now.