Hoffa on self driving trucks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The tesla 3 is going to be priced around $35k.
In 30 years, ever car on the road will be self driving, and our job will have even more reason for a high wage because no one will know how to drive. A computer can take you from point a to b, but it can't handle all the variables we deal with everyday.
I think feeders would be replaced before package car and probably shifters before feeders.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I think feeders would be replaced before package car and probably shifters before feeders.

From the article in the first post in this thread...

"I spoke with Jim Hoffa last week on a variety of topics, including the U.C. workers his union represents as well as his endorsement of Mrs. Clinton in the upcoming election and his support for a higher national minimum wage. There were no headlines to be had in his answers.

However, when asked if he was concerned about professional drivers losing their jobs as the auto industry rolls out more and more self-driving vehicles, Hoffa raised more than a few eyebrows.

“It’s not going to happen”, said Hoffa.

As in period.

Despite the federal government issuing the first set of national standards for self-driving vehicles and the investment in self-driving technology by trucking industry giants Freightliner, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz and many others, the head of the Teamsters Union insists its all a bunch of hooey.

And I suppose the Internet is just a passing fancy, too."

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_4705.PNG

"I spoke with Jim Hoffa last week on a variety of topics, including the U.C. workers his union represents as well as his endorsement of Mrs. Clinton in the upcoming election and his support for a higher national minimum wage. There were no headlines to be had in his answers.

However, when asked if he was concerned about professional drivers losing their jobs as the auto industry rolls out more and more self-driving vehicles, Hoffa raised more than a few eyebrows.

As in period.

Despite the federal government issuing the first set of national standards for self-driving vehicles and the investment in self-driving technology by trucking industry giants Freightliner, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz and many others, the head of the Teamsters Union insists its all a bunch of hooey.

What was the reason for this one?

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_4578.PNG

As in period.

And aren't you violating your wife's tos by posting union officials names on this forum. You better watch out. She might give you extra chores. Another example of double standards. You make it to easy. This is why I ask you what your agenda is.

LeadBelly

Banned
And ps I like be using names. I wish I could post Zuckerman but you are obviously supporting him and Tdu. My guess is you o n stock in ups still and you'd love for Zuckerman to be the go so it would wreck the teamsters leverage.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
View attachment 99735
What was the reason for this one?

Violating the Terms and Rules, just like your post right now. I guess you still don't get it...

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

View attachment 99736
And aren't you violating your wife's tos by posting union officials names on this forum. You better watch out. She might give you extra chores. Another example of double standards. You make it to easy. This is why I ask you what your agenda is.

Final warning. Back off or wind up in the mod queue. It's up to you.

LeadBelly

Banned
Violating the Terms and Rules, just like your post right now. I guess you still don't get it...

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

You told me I was not allowed to pm you. Can I now. If I can I would love to pm you. Invite me.

LeadBelly

Banned

Nope. I don't want to interact with you. You're toxic.
So basically I can't interact off the forum. So how do I keep it off your forum?

LeadBelly

Banned
Self control?
Sure but you it's a no win situation on your site for me. You clearly don't want union officials names on your site but the are clearly posted by you and Tony. I do not understand? I'm trying to be respectful and reasonable but what gives.
And for the record I love using union officials names.