Holiday hiring wars: Amazon, Walmart, UPS, and FedEx face off in a race to staff more than 335,000 workers in a brutally tight labor market

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Holiday hiring wars: Amazon, Walmart, UPS, and FedEx face off in a race to staff more than 335,000 workers in a brutally tight labor market - MSN

Facing the swiftly approaching holiday season, companies are throwing massive job events, touting pay hikes, and embracing the gig economy to staff up in critical supply chain roles.

Amazon said it plans to hire 125,000 new warehouse and transportation employees. Walmart declared that it will onboard 20,000 new permanent supply chain workers. FedEx recently touted 90,000 open positions. UPS said it intends to hire over 100,000 workers for the holidays.

The pressure is on, as these companies and many others face one of the toughest hiring seasons for the supply chain on record, experts say.

Holiday hiring wars: Amazon, Walmart, UPS, and FedEx face off in a race to staff more than 335,000 workers in a brutally tight labor market - MSN

Facing the swiftly approaching holiday season, companies are throwing massive job events, touting pay hikes, and embracing the gig economy to staff up in critical supply chain roles.

Amazon said it plans to hire 125,000 new warehouse and transportation employees. Walmart declared that it will onboard 20,000 new permanent supply chain workers. FedEx recently touted 90,000 open positions. UPS said it intends to hire over 100,000 workers for the holidays.

The pressure is on, as these companies and many others face one of the toughest hiring seasons for the supply chain on record, experts say.
They can't keep regular employees but yet they want to fire one
Do more or less laughing my ass off

amazon wins, it easy to get hired by amazon that even UPS AND fed EX have been forced to change there hiring practices like not doing interviews anymore during peak season. UPS and Fed EX refuse to give full time hours yet amazon offers it. Its easy to become a permanent worker with amazon by either being hired as permanent or going thru an easy process of being temporary to permanent. Fedex and UPS used to only hire temporary but because of coronavirus have resorted to trying to hire permanent during certain months like near the holiday season. So many people quit Fedex and UPS during coronavirus that these companies have been forced to change there hiring practices. How do I know? because I used to apply to these companies that would never give back a response and now they are begging for employees well during these months before holiday season.