UPS Aims to Recruit 100,000 Holiday Workers. That’s No Small Feat in This Labor Market

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Aims to Recruit 100,000 Holiday Workers. That’s No Small Feat in This Labor Market - Fortune

United Parcel Service Inc. is pushing to make sure it delivers on getting people their presents this Christmas season.

As part of the company’s push to add 100,000 temporary workers for the holidays, UPS plans to recruit half that number in just one day when it puts on its third annual “Brown Friday” hiring event Nov. 1. The Atlanta-based firm announced a recruitment drive in 180 cities across 43 states for the single event.

The move comes as UPS prepares for a busy holiday season—one that may be more active than in years past.

Willie C

I’ve got my Beard
It’s not easy being patient. We don’t necessarily need to know when we are going to get a call, any communication from management would be welcome. 2nd year Driver Helper here. I thoroughly enjoyed last Peak, the Driver Ronny was awesome. I just do this seasonal thing for something to do. I’m an Older, Retired LEO/Vet who ain’t lazy or cheap. I enjoy the work, just wanna work that’s all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It’s not easy being patient. We don’t necessarily need to know when we are going to get a call, any communication from management would be welcome. 2nd year Driver Helper here. I thoroughly enjoyed last Peak, the Driver Ronny was awesome. I just do this seasonal thing for something to do. I’m an Older, Retired LEO/Vet who ain’t lazy or cheap. I enjoy the work, just wanna work that’s all.

Have you thought about working on the inside after Peak?

Willie C

I’ve got my Beard
I’m not opposed to the idea. It wasn’t offered last season and I’m not hearing from anyone this season, so...
Do they have a nice, easy job for an old timer?