Holiday pay

Mo19072

Payroll is trying to pull one. I’m not getting holiday pay for 12/31 and 01/01. OMS looked it up and it says “did not meet requirements”.
I’m a Tuesday to Saturday driver. I was off on Monday. I worked New Year’s Eve and only got 8 hours guaranteed. No double time or holiday pay. And no pay for New Year’s Day either. OMS is supposed to get an answer from payroll today. what next step should I make if they don’t pay me? Thanks
And before you ask, yes I have seniority and got paid for all other holidays.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Payroll is trying to pull one. I’m not getting holiday pay for 12/31 and 01/01. OMS looked it up and it says “did not meet requirements”.
I’m a Tuesday to Saturday driver. I was off on Monday. I worked New Year’s Eve and only got 8 hours guaranteed. No double time or holiday pay. And no pay for New Year’s Day either. OMS is supposed to get an answer from payroll today. what next step should I make if they don’t pay me? Thanks

If you pays dues talk to your union steward

If you don’t pay dues you’re on your own

Justaloader

Did you work 01/02? Just asking because from what I understand, you have to work the day before, and the day after the holiday to get paid (as I presume you know being you've been paid for holidays in the past....just making sure).

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i got paid for both days

Justaloader

it does because it lets him know i got paid for it

Right, but, he could probably care less about you. He's concerned about his check, not yours. Now, if you work in the same building he does and were paid (and he wasn't), or even in the same region, then it's a different story.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Right, but, he could probably care less about you. He's concerned about his check, not yours. Now, if you work in the same building he does and were paid (and he wasn't), or even in the same region, then it's a different story.
i am just seasonal, hoping to be hired in

Mo19072

Did you work 01/02? Just asking because from what I understand, you have to work the day before, and the day after the holiday to get paid (as I presume you know being you've been paid for holidays in the past....just making sure).
Yes worked the day before and after

DRporch

File your grievance right away. Don’t wait if they didn’t fix it by now file to cover your ass

I am Tuesday- Saturday and was paid with no issues and didn’t work Tuesday

MattM

Contract specific as far as what’s needed for the days before or after the holiday.
For my area, we need one verifiable punch or paid day of THAT week to get holiday pay.

some users here have said a punch a day before or day after is needed. KNOW YOUR SUPPLEMENT.

What defines a punch is up for debate too. Did one need to work a full 8 hours? Or similar.

sounds like they’re trying to work a technicality and say you didn’t work the day before the holiday began. So you lost it all you should’ve worked Monday as far as they see it.