Longer Combination Vehicles (LCVs) PAY

Here in Montana we are paid .85 extra an hour to pull a third box(28', pup), aka-triples. First off, them paying us only .85 extra an hour to pull a third box that makes them thousands of dollars and we only get a few bucks extra a day is absurd and why we have never challenged this stronger in our past contracts is strange to me. Other companies pay "premium" pay for triples and rockies and in states that allow, turnpike doubles. Why does UPS not pay us for pulling Rocky sets? Any LCV requires a special permit and therefore we should be compensated for pulling such equipment that requires a special permit and we should be paid well over .85 an hour, again because the are making thousands extra on us pulling that extra equipment which should be considered hazardous. Thoughts? Any word on what the new contract might have on this issue?

Here in Montana we are paid .85 extra an hour to pull a third box(28', pup), aka-triples. First off, them paying us only .85 extra an hour to pull a third box that makes them thousands of dollars and we only get a few bucks extra a day is absurd and why we have never challenged this stronger in our past contracts is strange to me. Other companies pay "premium" pay for triples and rockies and in states that allow, turnpike doubles. Why does UPS not pay us for pulling Rocky sets? Any LCV requires a special permit and therefore we should be compensated for pulling such equipment that requires a special permit and we should be paid well over .85 an hour, again because the are making thousands extra on us pulling that extra equipment which should be considered hazardous. Thoughts? Any word on what the new contract might have on this issue?
What special permit is required? From what I've been told, in Nevada and Utah you only need your doubles/triples endorsement.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
What special permit is required? From what I've been told, in Nevada and Utah you only need your doubles/triples endorsement.
I know for Indiana, the state has their own requirements/permit for LCV. Doubles are fine, but triples/LCV are an upgrade.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Yeah, I thought he was saying that each individual load required a special permit, not just the annual LCV registration for the company.
For Indiana, the individual driver must be approved for LCV, not just the carrier (and extra registration/stickers on tractor).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Because feeder is already over paid to sit on your fat ass!
IMG_6863.gif

IMG_6849.gif

I get it, not every one can handle driving the big rig and get paid to do it. Feeders do not have the skills it take to be over worked and under paid. We just enjoy the "cushiony" life behind the wheel.