Hooray for Sheriff Joe and Steven Segal Who Apprehended A Heinous Villian

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Arpaio Launches “Operation Desert Sky”

Posse and Sheriff’s Deputies Converge to Reduce Drugs and Illegal Immigration Through Maricopa County — 30 Posse Pilots/Aircraft Mobilized as Spotters
PHOENIX, AZ –
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will announce today that he has recently launched a full scale offensive in the valley including the southwest and southeast desert corridors through which large amounts of illegal drugs and human cargo are smuggled into Maricopa County.
Arpaio’s aim: to essentially seal the county border from the growing invasion of drug and human traffickers. Arpaio says he is confident that the operation will result in a number of arrests and seizures but as important, the operation’s aim is to act as a deterrent to keep criminals from entering the county.
Dubbed “OPERATION DESERT SKY,” the undertaking is similar to Arpaio’s crime suppression operations of the past with these exceptions: the duration of the operation will be over several weeks,; it will cover a much broader territory; and it will utilize an extensive array of fixed wing aircraft to spot smugglers as they make their way from Mexico into the county at its southern most borders.
“This will be a far longer and broader strategy by this Sheriff’s Office to deter illegal immigration as well as the flow of narcotics into Maricopa County,” Arpaio says.
Arpaio says the trigger for the operation was the recent arrest of 207 illegal aliens by his deputies in human smuggling investigations. Additionally, in the last 12 months, nearly 36,000 pounds of cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana with a street value of over $25 Million have been seized.
This level of activity is contrary to widely published reports quoting several federal officials who suggest that there is a large reduction in drug and human trafficking at the US-Mexican border.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Arpaio Launches “Operation Desert Sky”

Posse and Sheriff’s Deputies Converge to Reduce Drugs and Illegal Immigration Through Maricopa County — 30 Posse Pilots/Aircraft Mobilized as Spotters
PHOENIX, AZ –
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will announce today that he has recently launched a full scale offensive in the valley including the southwest and southeast desert corridors through which large amounts of illegal drugs and human cargo are smuggled into Maricopa County.
Arpaio’s aim: to essentially seal the county border from the growing invasion of drug and human traffickers. Arpaio says he is confident that the operation will result in a number of arrests and seizures but as important, the operation’s aim is to act as a deterrent to keep criminals from entering the county.
Dubbed “OPERATION DESERT SKY,” the undertaking is similar to Arpaio’s crime suppression operations of the past with these exceptions: the duration of the operation will be over several weeks,; it will cover a much broader territory; and it will utilize an extensive array of fixed wing aircraft to spot smugglers as they make their way from Mexico into the county at its southern most borders.
“This will be a far longer and broader strategy by this Sheriff’s Office to deter illegal immigration as well as the flow of narcotics into Maricopa County,” Arpaio says.
Arpaio says the trigger for the operation was the recent arrest of 207 illegal aliens by his deputies in human smuggling investigations. Additionally, in the last 12 months, nearly 36,000 pounds of cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana with a street value of over $25 Million have been seized.
This level of activity is contrary to widely published reports quoting several federal officials who suggest that there is a large reduction in drug and human trafficking at the US-Mexican border.

Cluck, Cluck, Buckaaaa, Cluck, Cluck....scratch, scratch.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nothing like someone doing their job, while others that like to bitch and complain, poke fun.

At least with what he is doing, we have an overview of how bad the illegal crossings are every night.

Government says its way down, but the proof is in the seizures and arrests.

Who ya gonna believe.

d

Nothing like someone doing their job, while others that like to bitch and complain, poke fun.

At least with what he is doing, we have an overview of how bad the illegal crossings are every night.

Who ya gonna believe.

d
uuuuh, some of them are going wait to see what Bill Mehr and Jon Stewart have to say before them make up their minds.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like having my own opinion. I'd seen specials with sheriff Joe and I liked his no-nonsense take on criminals and crime. No moddy-coddling in his jail !!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Fox Nation) — An Arizona sheriff says U.S. Border Patrol officials have repeatedly told him they have been ordered to reduce — at times even stop — arrests of illegal immigrants caught trying to cross the U.S. border.
Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever told FoxNews.com that a supervisor with the U.S. Border Patrol told him as recently as this month that the federal agency’s office on Arizona’s southern border was under orders to keep apprehension numbers down during specific reporting time periods.
“The senior supervisor agent is telling me about how their mission is now to scare people back,” Dever said in an interview with FoxNews.com. “He said, ‘I had to go back to my guys and tell them not to catch anybody, that their job is to chase people away. . . . They were not to catch anyone, arrest anyone. Their job was to set up posture, to intimidate people, to get them to go back.”
Dever said his recent conversation with the Border Patrol supervisor was the latest in a series of communications on the subject that he has had with various federal agents over the last two years. Dever said he plans to relay the substance of these conversations when he testifies under oath next month before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

wkmac

What good are cops, really?
I mean to the average, non-violent citizen just trying to go about his business?
For him, cops are a nuisance – and increasingly, a threat. They don’t protect his property; indeed, they spend their days trying to take it away via enforcement of various and ever-increasing laws ranging from the minor (“speeding” fines) to the major (asset seizure for possessing or imbibing some substance the State has arbitrarily decreed to be “illegal”).

To Serve and Protect...Or Harass and Collect?

bbsam

Staff member

Who ya gonna believe.

d
Right. Just doing his job. Like Tie is just posting his own little opinion. bbsam doesn't like getting under MFE's skin. Wk doesn't play every side of every issue. And Moreluck really does look really hard for something to like about Obama. Just doin' his job. No media whorin' about whatsoever. He and Segal, just two red blooded American law men looking to make a difference...in front of the cameras for "reality TV". Yep. Nothin' suspicious with any of that.

Right. Just doing his job. Like Tie is just posting his own little opinion. bbsam doesn't like getting under MFE's skin. Wk doesn't play every side of every issue. And Moreluck really does look really hard for something to like about Obama. Just doin' his job. No media whorin' about whatsoever. He and Segal, just two red blooded American law men looking to make a difference...in front of the cameras for "reality TV". Yep. Nothin' suspicious with any of that.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that having Segal involved was anything other than publicity. IMO it was very tacky at best. Now if Sheriff Joe was in the news every night with a new action hero at his side and carrying a new super weapon, I'm sure the backlash would be massive.
On the other hand, it is the citizens of Maricopa County that keep electing him by great numbers, he is obviously doing something they like.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think anyone was suggesting that having Segal involved was anything other than publicity. IMO it was very tacky at best. Now if Sheriff Joe was in the news every night with a new action hero at his side and carrying a new super weapon, I'm sure the backlash would be massive.
On the other hand, it is the citizens of Maricopa County that keep electing him by great numbers, he is obviously doing something they like.

Who needs the publicity? And it was danny who suggested Joe was "just doing his job".

Who needs the publicity? And it was danny who suggested Joe was "just doing his job".
If Segal is involved with writing a script for a movie, he would want free publicity. I don't know if he is doing that, it was a suggestion. Aslo, I don't know when Sheriff Joe is up for re-election, he may want publicity to show he is looking out for the citizens. Isn't "media whorin'" and publicity about the same thing?

bbsam

Staff member
If Segal is involved with writing a script for a movie, he would want free publicity. I don't know if he is doing that, it was a suggestion. Aslo, I don't know when Sheriff Joe is up for re-election, he may want publicity to show he is looking out for the citizens. Isn't "media whorin'" and publicity about the same thing?

No. But "media whorin'" and campaigning certainly are!:happy-very:

No. But "media whorin'" and campaigning certainly are!:happy-very:
Well, I would consider them the same and add campaigning as an example. Not unlike what D. Trump is doing right now and what 0 did for a couple of years before he was elected. 0 didn't go on Oprah to help sell a book.