Hooray for Sheriff Joe and Steven Segal Who Apprehended A Heinous Villian

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
here's an idea; close Gitmo and have Sheriff Joe take them in.
I have a better idea. Close Sheriff Joes hilton, and put him in charge of Gitmo. Then take every dang illegal caught, transport them to the gulf coast, have the coast guard shuttle them to Gitmo. Lets let Cuba figure out what to do with them. They want a new life, let them make Cuba a better place.

Next, Bbsam, I have a lot of friends in law enforcement. The cost of dealing with the illegals is overwhelming the system. Sheriff departments here are spending more time shooting radar on the interstate so they can bring in revenue the department sorely needs, otherwise they have to lay off staff. There is one section of I81 called the million dollar mile by deputies. They write over a million dollars in tickets between MM8 and MM9 at least every quarter. Many times, they get close per month. As fast as 5 cars can write them. Most are 15+ above. Big bucks for the system, without raising taxes. Of course that takes them away from other duties.

The typical day consists of two hearing sessions. Each has at least 100-150 pages of people, usually 30+ to the page. Most never show, just pay. Illegals show. They dont have insurance or DL. $50 fine each, Which they gladly pay cash, and are turned loose. You and I end up with much higher fines, or go to jail for the same transgressions.

So its about money.

Now, enter Steven. A has been if there ever was one, but still a money machine. Sheriff Joe, ever mindful of cuts in the budget for much of what causes his crime wave, will take money where he can. He is no fool. In less than 48 hours, he can make what it takes other places 6 months or more of hard work.

So yes, the chicken fighter gets put out of business, and he gets a transfusion of badly needed cash to his department. And so yes, doing what was needed to keep his department funded, and employees working. Something most sheriffs spend way too much time doing, instead of fighting crime.

d

bbsam

Staff member
Well God forbid they raise taxes for law enforcement! Really, do some people see nothing useful the government does? Not even law enforcement? Are you people drunk?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I thought you were the one poking fun at law enforcement? Maybe you are the one drunk?

We pay too much in taxes already. Last stats I heard were that right now 51% of the people in the US depend either totally or at least partially on Government checks. Thats people on welfare, SSI, SS, Government workers, government contractors etc. 51%. And you think they need to be in charge so they can take more away from you and I, and give it to others that the Gooberment thinks can use it more than you?

Sorry, not me. The average Joe is learning how to live with less, so should government.

d

bbsam

Staff member
Even if Sheriff Joe has to do the equivalent of law-enforcement pan-handling. Sad. And that's why we deserve the pourous borders we have, because we don't want to pay to shut them down. We say we pay enough to get it done, but we don't. It's like going to the grocery store and staring wildly at the check-out clerk when he tells us the $2.39 in change we found in the couch this morning isn't enough to pay for the heaping cart of groceries we'd like to take home.

Even if Sheriff Joe has to do the equivalent of law-enforcement pan-handling. Sad. And that's why we deserve the pourous borders we have, because we don't want to pay to shut them down. We say we pay enough to get it done, but we don't. It's like going to the grocery store and staring wildly at the check-out clerk when he tells us the $2.39 in change we found in the couch this morning isn't enough to pay for the heaping cart of groceries we'd like to take home.
You're putting the cart before horse that the mule should be pulling. Protecting the nations borders is supposed to be done by the feds, right? Our taxes are collected to pay for ALL fed gov, it is the responsibility of our elected officials to see that the money is spent wisely and they have been failing miserably for generations. Raising taxes are not the only way to make the buck go as far as possible. Each and every congressional session produces more spending, by filling the cart with too many items. Some of those items are essential to our (the public) safety, conveyance and comfort, some of those items merely pad pockets of political friends. This comes from both sides of the isle, not blaming one more than the other here. How many illegals do we literally support with tax money? Whatever number that is, is too many. The truth is, if the feds had used more money years ago to protect our borders as is their responsibility, we ( the states and counties wouldn't be using so much now to clean up the mess.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Janet says our borders are safe. I'd like to set up a camping tent for her and her staff so they could enjoy the camping experience along the border.

bbsam

Staff member
And I have always said that if you want the borders secured, don't try to be cheap about it. Don't try to scrape dimes and nickles from other programs. Raise the taxes and do it. It's not a difficult problem to solve, just expensive.

And I have always said that if you want the borders secured, don't try to be cheap about it. Don't try to scrape dimes and nickles from other programs. Raise the taxes and do it. It's not a difficult problem to solve, just expensive.
Raise taxes raise taxes raise taxes
How often can we raise taxes until there are no more incomes to tax?
That kind of thinking is what leads to everyone working, giving their complete labor rewards to be doled out as the government sees fit. Then the day will come that bbsam is told by the government, you are too old to feed.
Sam, you can try to down play the nickle and dime saving all you want, but every dime we save goes to reduce the bottom line.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years

It could be done without raising taxes if they would just divert the billions of wasted taxpayer $$$$ that they dole out every year to study the sex life of flying tree frogs or why monkeys fling poo or better yet just stop giving billions to countries that hate us anyway. They could build a 50 foot high electrafied wall complete with an mine field and a moat with alligators from coast to coast and still have money left over. I won't even mention the billions wasted with companies like Haliburton.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I agree. Tax every damn illegal person in the USA. Tax them at nearly 50% of what I get taxed. Then use that money to stop them from coming here.

Also, tax the millions of vehicles they transport into Mexico from here, without any charges. That would help as well.

So, lets begin by taxing the very ones we are trying to keep out. Currently, they dont pay any tax, on multiple billions of dollars they send back home tax free.

See, that is where you and I differ. You want to tax an already overtaxed legal citizen even more. Right now, taxes take almost 45% of every cent we make. And it people with stupid ideas like raise taxes even more that dont have a clue about real life.

Now, that we have raised billions taxing the illegals, quit pussyfooting around. Pass the word, drop leaflets for a month or so. Any one crossing the border illegally will be shot, and the body dumped at sea to feed the creatures that dont have enough food. End of story. Or fly them to Africa, and dump them out there. I dont care where. Just dont dump them here. We have had enough.

PS, the above free transport applies especially to those illegals that intentionally refuse to learn English, abide by our laws, work and pay taxes, or are identified via video protesting their lack of "rights"

d

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Raise taxes raise taxes raise taxes
How often can we raise taxes until there are no more incomes to tax?
That kind of thinking is what leads to everyone working, giving their complete labor rewards to be doled out as the government sees fit. Then the day will come that bbsam is told by the government, you are too old to feed.
Sam, you can try to down play the nickle and dime saving all you want, but every dime we save goes to reduce the bottom line.

Maybe they should have the ultra-rich pay their fair share of taxes relative to their huge incomes.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Mr fedex, maybe you should get a reality check. The top one percent of income earners pay 30% of the total tax collected in the USA. The top 10% pay 75% of the taxes.

Maybe we should get rid of a bunch of tax absorbing government workers that dont produce anything but obstacles for the people that actually produce wealth?

But then again, I doubt you are interested in the truth, you have your preformed opinion so well ingrained that exposure to the truth has no effect.

d

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How much of your income do you risk to earn your next paycheck?

A lot of the ultra-rich inherited their wealth. They didn't risk anything. Your tax burden shouldn't depend on whether or not you're an entrepreneur. The top 3% control about 50% of this nation's wealth, and although they pay a lot of taxes, proportionately, their tax burden is much less. "Tax-absorbing government workers" often perform work that the private sector wouldn't touch, an inconvenient truth the Right chooses to ignore. Transit, infrastructure, and military functions immediately come to mind. The armed forces are all government workers, or did you forget that?

A lot of the ultra-rich inherited their wealth. They didn't risk anything. Your tax burden shouldn't depend on whether or not you're an entrepreneur. The top 3% control about 50% of this nation's wealth, and although they pay a lot of taxes, proportionately, their tax burden is much less. "Tax-absorbing government workers" often perform work that the private sector wouldn't touch, an inconvenient truth the Right chooses to ignore. Transit, infrastructure, and military functions immediately come to mind. The armed forces are all government workers, or did you forget that?
Why does it matter if a person inherits their parents money? The heir may not have made the initial investment but someone in their family did, and not all of the heirs just set back and do nothing. They re-invest (risk) their money to make it grow in the best manner they can find. The more that is taken from them the less they can invest in anything, possibly even job creating ventures. Yea, it does happen, although not as much as I would like to see.
What private sector jobs will the private sector not touch?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
an inconvenient truth
Another inconvenient truth the left forgets is the amount Micheal Moore has to pay in taxes. Why, is he not now one of the super wealthy? And the private jets that fly him world wide instead of flying coach? Thats OK, lets point the finger at the rest of the world. Look at what I am saying, not what I am doing.

There are a lot of inconvenient truths on both sides of the street.

Ronald Reagan said it best. More Government is not the answer, too much government already is the problem.

d

bbsam

Staff member
It could be done without raising taxes if they would just divert the billions of wasted taxpayer $$$$ that they dole out every year to study the sex life of flying tree frogs or why monkeys fling poo or better yet just stop giving billions to countries that hate us anyway. They could build a 50 foot high electrafied wall complete with an mine field and a moat with alligators from coast to coast and still have money left over. I won't even mention the billions wasted with companies like Haliburton.
Nope. Trying to do it cheap. Somehow people think everything would be fine if only we got rid of waste fraud and abuse. I think it shows a complete lack of comprehension of the mammoth cost we are talking about.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree. Tax every damn illegal person in the USA. Tax them at nearly 50% of what I get taxed. Then use that money to stop them from coming here.

Also, tax the millions of vehicles they transport into Mexico from here, without any charges. That would help as well.

So, lets begin by taxing the very ones we are trying to keep out. Currently, they dont pay any tax, on multiple billions of dollars they send back home tax free.

See, that is where you and I differ. You want to tax an already overtaxed legal citizen even more. Right now, taxes take almost 45% of every cent we make. And it people with stupid ideas like raise taxes even more that dont have a clue about real life.

Now, that we have raised billions taxing the illegals, quit pussyfooting around. Pass the word, drop leaflets for a month or so. Any one crossing the border illegally will be shot, and the body dumped at sea to feed the creatures that dont have enough food. End of story. Or fly them to Africa, and dump them out there. I dont care where. Just dont dump them here. We have had enough.

PS, the above free transport applies especially to those illegals that intentionally refuse to learn English, abide by our laws, work and pay taxes, or are identified via video protesting their lack of "rights"

d

No. What I am saying is that if it is worth doing, it is worth paying for. If we do it, we do it together and set your disdain for "them" aside and decide that "we" are going to do it and "we" are going to pay for it.