Hour 8 request help

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Bobosborne, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

His supplemental might have that in it. Like how the central has different 8 hour language.

2. 10% total not per loop

3. IAmADumbDriver

IAmADumbDriver Active Member

There can be 100 full time drivers and 10 drivers in one loop. They all can put in 8hr request on same day and be the only ones for that day and they all get rewarded their request. Not 1 per loop...

4. IAmADumbDriver

Dispatch supervisor used to think only one per loop until I told them different

5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I am in central and that is the way 8 hour requests in my building have been handled for at least the last year. I have a steward in my loop and he has lost 8 hour requests to the highest seniority guy in the loop. He did not grieve it, so I have not looked at the actual language. I am very familiar with the contract and discuss it frequently with the steward (his car is next to mine in the lineup.)

I'll ask him about it tomorrow, but this is one of those things that could be a bad deal for me. We have have 6 loops in our building, so 1 person in each loop could have an 8 hour every day. I could see a scenario where because of that, I would never get an 8 hour, because we have loops where everyone in the loop has more seniority than me (I have 16 years FT seniority, so it is not like I am a noob looking for some short days.)

6. IAmADumbDriver

Drivers in my loop we all get together and rotate weeks so we work together on days. If volume is high one week we all put up same days so dispatch has to put in an extra run in our loop.

7. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Central region
    Screenshot_20190714-175455_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

8. Check your language
    It used to be by.loop here, not anymore

9. IAmADumbDriver

Its not... Atlantic supplement

10. Well then

U suck

11. IAmADumbDriver

Lol

12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We do the same regarding an extra car.

13. Raw

Raw Raw Member

I`d rather get the $110 for a few minutes over! LOL

14. Underallowed306

Underallowed306 Active Member

How about not screwing the guys around you with your 8 hour day request?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Th 22.4 drivers will take care of that for you.

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Here it’s 10% of the routes in on Monday.

17. Brownslave688

I’ve been told I was denied because of loop. I simply tell them that’s fine I’ll come off that route for the day but give me my 8 hour.

18. Brownslave688

If management fails to properly plan for my 8 hour request that’s their problem not mine.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. 35years

35years Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the language.

In the Central...

They don't have to let ALL the drivers in one loop off. If you have 5 in a loop, 4 get the 8 hr, not just one.

Tell them in the morning you won't get them all off and will have to bring back missed. Then remind them with a diad text around noon, and then tell them via diad text how many you are bringing back missed.

You want to give them the opportunity to give you help.

You are relieved from all duties after 8 hours, not 8.5 hours. They will claim they can work you 8.5. Tell them no, 8 hours not 8.5 and bring them back missed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  20. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

anyone.gif