Hours Worked!!!! Beware All

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sorry i was inncorrect last post. I thought total earnings were the hours for the year but was the gross pay for the week! lol My Bad!!

Yeah, do not let this thread scare you. Vacation, option days, etc all count towards your pension and benefit hours.

screamin chicken

21yrs bonus driver and only 4 to go, except the last 4yrs will not be bonus, due to PAS/EDD. They will be OT hrs.
PAX

I have 6 more years also, I get a gurantee pay of 5-6 hrs. a week also about 5-6 bonus , I am not working all day I have a life and it is not working until 1830. I feel sorry for the ones that work past 1700.

stealth8

Just get your vested statement from your local every year as I do. I just passed 29yrs and have always gotten my proper credits. You should be getting your statement every year just to cover your a**!

So after 3 pages of going back and forth on the subject there seems to be only two options: 1) Reduce pension to maintain benefits of hours paid for not working or, 2) Reduce benefits of paid hrs not worked to obtain pension.

Dustyroads

The bottom line is that each supplement and each pension plan that covers UPS employees are different in a number of areas. Therefore, the only accurate way to judge whether your hours worked is giving you adequate contributions to the plan in which you belong is to contact your union hall. They have the accurate answers with respect to your specific plan.

RedThunder

I'm in central states. Local 509, atlantic area supplement. On my paystub the hours worked are totaled minus any sick days, personals, vacations. etc..

However the YTD totals will include the hours for the sick, personal, vacation days.

So you should be getting credit toward your pension per the YTD totals. Here we need 1800 hrs total to receive a full years credit in the new UPS plan.

QKRSTKR

I sure would like to see the contract language your pulling this out of. I'm very :dead: confused.

My check has my year-to-date totals. I have 2 vacation checks plus my regular check and all my hours are in the year-to-date totals. They would have to have our total hours worked y-t-d totals printed on our checks if it was different. Also the y-t-d number is printed below the hours column.

How would it be kept track of in feeders where there are mileage runs.

I'm going with tieguy on this one. But is there anyone else here that knows why our hours worked our separted?

Dustyroads

Red Thunder, I don't mean to correct you, however, under the Central States supplement, payment will be made for insurance and a full pension contribution for the week for a driver if he works one hour during the week. The 1800 hour rule applies if the driver had any weeks where he or she did not work at all, hence, no contributions, and then the 1800 hour annual rule applies toward a full year of contributions. I got this information directly from the union hall. As I said earlier, the best advice is to contact your union hall for the rules in your particular area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I sure would like to see the contract language your pulling this out of. I'm very :dead: confused.

My check has my year-to-date totals. I have 2 vacation checks plus my regular check and all my hours are in the year-to-date totals. They would have to have our total hours worked y-t-d totals printed on our checks if it was different. Also the y-t-d number is printed below the hours column.

How would it be kept track of in feeders where there are mileage runs.

I'm going with tieguy on this one. But is there anyone else here that knows why our hours worked our separted?

Your hours worked are separated because you are only getting credit for actual hours worked. We are guaranteed 8 hours and get paid for 8 hours but if you work less than 8 hours only those hours worked are credited. Yes, there are drivers who work less than 8 hours each day (we have 2 in my center) and their paystubs reflect this.