Housing Bubble Caused by Greedy Capitalists?

whose fault is the housing bubble?

• house flippers

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • poor people

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
News flash. We won't survive nuclear war.
Nagasaki and Hiroshima are doing pretty good.

Wen frodo went on a mission to destroy the ring of power was that taking on personal responsibility?
In a sense. He was the right one for the job, I'm not sure how that relates to anything else we're talking about.

Wen civilization collapses on a global scale, there's nowhere to run

I have come to the realization that you might not actually know what civilization is.

rickyb

Nagasaki and Hiroshima are doing pretty good.

In a sense. He was the right one for the job, I'm not sure how that relates to anything else we're talking about.

I have come to the realization that you might not actually know what civilization is.
do you know how much bigger the nukes are. theres what 20,000 or so. i think i heard if they use them they will use them all.

bc you keep talking about personal responsibility and the ring was very clearly forced onto frodo and yet he went on a fools mission in hell to destroy it. we are born into this world and we are responsible for things beyond our control like ending nukes, regulation of wall street, economic democracy, and stopping the worst of us from cannibalizing the planet.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
do you know how much bigger the nukes are. theres what 20,000 or so. i think i heard if they use them they will use them all.
That's not enough to destroy the world. We'll be ok, well, not you big city folks, but the rest of us.

bc you keep talking about personal responsibility and the ring was very clearly forced onto frodo and yet he went on a fools mission in hell to destroy it. we are born into this world and we are responsible for things beyond our control like ending nukes, regulation of wall street, economic democracy, and stopping the worst of us from cannibalizing the planet.

Good luck with all that.

rickyb

The problem us that you have the responsibility thing backwards. You take responsibility for things that are out of your control while blaming everyone else for your problems that you can fix yourself.
no im in favor of fixing my own problems AND trying to fix problems others have created for me. its the same thing; their problem becomes my problem

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
its called being responsible

in teh big short the guy said "no one is acting responsible"

Yes, I can't control the interest rates, or lending rules. I am not responsible for those. I can control whether I buy or rent a place I can afford or not, so I am responsible for that. If I have to choose between giving up partying or living under a bridge, that's unfortunate, but life is full of choices.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
no im in favor of fixing my own problems AND trying to fix problems others have created for me. its the same thing; their problem becomes my problem

Some people find themselves in unique positions to have a major impact on things that might normally be out of their control. If that ever happens for either of us, I sure hope that we choose to throw the ring in the volcano and not try to claim the power for ourselves. Until that happens, I'll stick to preparing to fight Orcs.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Some people find themselves in unique positions to have a major impact on things that might normally be out of their control. If that ever happens for either of us, I sure hope that we choose to throw the ring in the volcano and not try to claim the power for ourselves. Until that happens, I'll stick to preparing to fight Orcs.
I’m keeping the ring…

oldngray

nowhere special
I’m keeping the ring…
precious.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy

According to the Census, the number of people living in apartments has grown, with more than ⅓ of all households now living in apartments. For this reason, many builders and investors are considering building new apartment buildings.
This means that the cost to build an apartment building has an enormous range. The national average cost to build an apartment building is between $4.7 and $52 million, with most people paying around $11 million for a 5-story mid-rise apartment building with a total of 50 units. This project’s low cost is $940,000 for a duplex apartment building using basic materials. The high cost is $104 million for a luxury high-rise apartment building with 100 units.

rickyb

Yes, I can't control the interest rates, or lending rules. I am not responsible for those. I can control whether I buy or rent a place I can afford or not, so I am responsible for that. If I have to choose between giving up partying or living under a bridge, that's unfortunate, but life is full of choices.
Actually u probably can influence rules of finance. occupy wall st was about that in part

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Actually u probably can influence rules of finance. occupy wall st was about that in part

I do, by not financing amounts and terms I can't afford. The only good thing I saw occupy wall st accomplish was to use money they raised to pay off people's debts. Keep the banksters from getting people's interests is one way to actually hurt them.

rickyb

I do, by not financing amounts and terms I can't afford. The only good thing I saw occupy wall st accomplish was to use money they raised to pay off people's debts. Keep the banksters from getting people's interests is one way to actually hurt them.
occupy normalized critiques of capitalism in america and they showed how to get change accomplished even though they were destroyed by a federally coordinated effort

rickyb

the point is not to be a cynic and recognize the power you have and use it everyday to fight these power hungry freaks who are destroying everything for short term profit

figure out how to make the best of your time to use your power to fight these forces of death

this is responsibility and be responsible for yourself of course. there is good and evil in all of us

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
With the costs of materials going up along with labor shortages, many of the planned projects of Biden's $1T infrastructure plan will never be built.