How amazon paid no taxes

oldngray

nowhere special
Not wasting my time on that crap. The Post is a starting point for me sometimes. It’s free. Lol. If something interests me there, I research it more at more reputable sites.
the Post isn't bad .. for a tabloid. Sadly its now much better than the joke the New York Times has become.

Or there is always the New York Daily News for :censored2:s and giggles.

vantexan

republicans are terrible for workers too

anywho amazon got $10+ billion in profits and no taxes. savage rigged capitalist economics.
If you notice, executive compensation accounted for $1 Billion. Much of it is for R & D. What has Amazon been doing for most of it's history? Developing. Building all over the country. The government gives companies these breaks because they'll more than get it back with all the jobs created. Amazon is now making a good profit. The expensing they're doing now will eventually be considerably less and they'll pay 21% of what they can't write off. So the government will see good money eventually. And the rest of the profit will be used to reward stockholders with dividends, plus raises, new ventures, etc. Why do you think Amazon raised it's starting pay for hourly employees to $15hr? Because they can afford to now. Doubt next year you'll see a $10 Billion profit because payroll will bite into that.

rickyb

Not wasting my time on that crap. The Post is a starting point for me sometimes. It’s free. Lol. If something interests me there, I research it more at more reputable sites.
trust me, you can get short messages and links to articles from very reputable people on twitter.

ive spent too much time on twitter, these days i like to just go on ralph naders and richard wolffs twitter and thats it, takes 5 minutes. i dont recommend twitter or the post but if you have to choose...

rickyb

If you notice, executive compensation accounted for $1 Billion. Much of it is for R & D. What has Amazon been doing for most of it's history? Developing. Building all over the country. The government gives companies these breaks because they'll more than get it back with all the jobs created. Amazon is now making a good profit. The expensing they're doing now will eventually be considerably less and they'll pay 21% of what they can't write off. So the government will see good money eventually. And the rest of the profit will be used to reward stockholders with dividends, plus raises, new ventures, etc. Why do you think Amazon raised it's starting pay for hourly employees to $15hr? Because they can afford to now. Doubt next year you'll see a $10 Billion profit because payroll will bite into that.
amazon pays no taxes because of corruption because amazon has all the money to bribe.

not because of your theory that its good economics. im very certain its not.

and i forgot about the $15/hr. amazon can afford way more than that, and amazon has terrible conditions so thats not saying much either way.

vantexan

amazon pays no taxes because of corruption because amazon has all the money to bribe.

not because of your theory that its good economics. im very certain its not.

and i forgot about the $15/hr. amazon can afford way more than that, and amazon has terrible conditions so thats not saying much either way.
Amazon doesn't have terrible conditions, you've just got to be on your feet for long hours. If you look at Amazon's payroll you'll see $10 Billion isn't going to give everyone the kind of money you think they should get. And how do you they bribe their way out of paying taxes? If that were so no corporation would pay taxes. Face it Ricky, you just don't know, you just make assumptions, and you're almost always wrong.

Last edited:

rickyb

Amazon doesn't have terrible conditions, you've just got to be on your feet for long hours. If you look at Amazon's payroll you'll see $10 Billion isn't going to give everyone the kind of money you think they should get. And how do you they bribe their way out of paying taxes? If that were so no corporation would pay taxes? Face it Ricky, you just don't know, you just make assumptions, and you're almost always wrong.
first of all we dont need corporations to pay taxes. we dont need corporations for there to be jobs.

its well known that amazon has terrible conditions for its workers in the warehouses. theres undercover journalists posing as workers who have done it. your better off working at walmart LOL americas largest employer.

btw americas largest employer used to be GM and those were decent probably union jobs. now its walmart.

yes amazon bribes government to pay less taxes and keep more money for themselves. thats how the system works sherlock: you get the money then you get the power.

vantexan

first of all we dont need corporations to pay taxes. we dont need corporations for there to be jobs.

its well known that amazon has terrible conditions for its workers in the warehouses. theres undercover journalists posing as workers who have done it. your better off working at walmart LOL americas largest employer.

btw americas largest employer used to be GM and those were decent probably union jobs. now its walmart.

yes amazon bribes government to pay less taxes and keep more money for themselves. thats how the system works sherlock: you get the money then you get the power.
Apparently you didn't read that article. You know who you remind me of? The caveman lawyer on Saturday Night Live. "Your world, it frightens me!"

rickyb

Written by people who hate corporate America. Educate yourself on how things work and someday I will tell you how corporations work with Wall Street at our expense.
yea and some people like corporate america.

but you can still be an undercover journalist at amazon either way and tell the truth!